What formula?

Lols82

Reaction score
My babies have been on Aptimil stage 1 since birth, they are always really sickly after bottles - I always keep them up half an hour after bottles etc. They can still be sick over an hour or more after their bottles. Has anyone tried the Aptimil comfort? I'll speak to my HV but just wondering if it may be the milk that can be making them sicky.

My LG is on Aptamil comfort because of her colic. It's a lot thicker than the other Aptamil so maybe that might help. It turns their poo green and a bit more whiffy! But she's really improved on it for sure , like if I have to put her on the cartons of Aptamil s1 if we're out it doesn't half bother her wind

That's interesting what you say about Aptamil comfort. Our baby was on first stage Cow & Gate. We were told to change to comfort milk as our baby was suffering from trapped wind. When I saw the HV this week, she witnessed her green poo and said that she either had picked up a tummy bug or that I was over feeding her. The HV asked me how long the poo had been green for so I told her since she was on comfort formula. I was told it was coincidence!

I've taken a screen shot of this post and will challenge her next week! xx

We used first stage cow and gate, which is effectively the exact same company etc but we originally on SMA gold which gave him, or contributed to the silent reflux he had. He was constipated too as he was over eating so I was advised against the comfort as the extra thickener would bung him up.

If cow and gate didnt work wonder for us we would have gone with Hipp organic, heard fab things about that.

It is trial and error to see what suits your bub and their digestive system.

Good luck.

xxxx

That's interesting what you say about Aptamil comfort. Our baby was on first stage Cow & Gate. We were told to change to comfort milk as our baby was suffering from trapped wind. When I saw the HV this week, she witnessed her green poo and said that she either had picked up a tummy bug or that I was over feeding her. The HV asked me how long the poo had been green for so I told her since she was on comfort formula. I was told it was coincidence!

I've taken a screen shot of this post and will challenge her next week! xx

Ooh yes ask her! I googled it before I put her on it and a lot of other mums said it causes green stinky poo, my HV also said to me it can be upset stomach but agreed that Cow &Gate and Aptamil comfort do cause green poo!

We are using Aptamil 1. My LO is very winding (I'm really hoping it doesn't end up as Colic) so we have to give her Infacol before every feed and I am winding her for up to an hour after every feed. She was being sick after night feeds because she just wasn't awake enough to pay attention to having her bottle but I try harder now to keep her stimulated and awake, which seems to do the trick.

We are using Aptamil 1. My LO is very winding (I'm really hoping it doesn't end up as Colic) so we have to give her Infacol before every feed and I am winding her for up to an hour after every feed. She was being sick after night feeds because she just wasn't awake enough to pay attention to having her bottle but I try harder now to keep her stimulated and awake, which seems to do the trick.

Aw hopefully it all works out and agrees with your LO.

We went back to aptimil stage 1' the doctor prescribed gaviscone for reflux but it wasn't agreeing with my two. The thing is, like you I previously could be trying to wind for up to an hour and got nothing so put my boys on infacol which really helped. I've now stopped giving them that too as it was making them far more sicky. So now they are winding better and still being sick but nowhere near as much as with infacol.

We were prescribed gaviscon but ended up not using it as it can constipate baby.

I think that be like swapping one problem for another, or in my case making problems worse as J was already constipated.

xxxx

Have you considered Gripe Water? My LO is too young for it yet but everyone seems to recommend it!

I suppose a positive is that the Windy/Colic/reflux stage isn't meant to last forever. Not sure how long they say reflux usually lasts for but as far as I'm aware most wind/Colic issues resolve themselves by 3 months. Although that can feel like a lifetime away at this stage!

Yeah gripe water didn't work at all for us. We are managing to wind better now, still sicky but not as much as with the infacol. I'd changed two outfits on one of my boys within half an hour this morning from being sicky but he's kept his last two bottles down - exhausting lol.

I'll be so glad when they are past having reflux.

Last edited:
Daisy has been on hipp from birth, started to struggle with wind at about 10 days so introduced infocol and been absolutely fine since then. Only had 1 instance of trapped wind and she screamed for an hour but nothing else.
I feel your pain because only had colic and reflux and I know tough it was, it's all trial and error and unfortunately it can work out very expensive xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back