what formula is best!?

charlotte89

Reaction score
hi all you mummys,
know im a long way off yet still but i seriously cant decide what formula im going to use when my lil man is here?
iv heard sma is the closest to breast milk is this true?
i just want the best formula for my baby and iv also heard that every baby reacts differently to every formula, is this true? help and advise is needed! x

None of them come close to breastmilk and I would not say one is closer to it than another. Aptimal and cow and gate are both the exact same company (Danone) and the ingredients in both milk are identical, however Aptimal advertise as being closest to breastmilk!!!

I think its trial and error with formula milk. It just depends what agrees with lo. From personal experience I tried every single one and the only one that agreed with my daughter was Sma gold. The being said, what is best for one baby is not necessarily best for another.

Hope this helps hun x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

thanks xx
looks like im going have to just see when lil mans here by the sound of it.
my friends and other women have told me so far that their baby loved sma more than any other, might just try that and go from there x

I think every baby suits a different formula. We tried SMA, aptimil and cow and gate and stayed with cow and gate. Never had a bother xx

I'd agree with what suits one baby doesn't suit another. It is trial and error really. We picked sma cos that's what my mum used for us kids back in the day and it was mid price between aptimil and cow and gate. LO had awful wind and green poos on it so we swapped to aptimil and he was fine on that. The HV did advise me when we changed that in her opinion aptimil was best, but we had changed to it before she said this.

A paediatric dietician told my friend that aptamil was the best so she used that on her two.

I'm sure your baby will let you know which one they like best! Although Aptamil and Cow & Gate have the same ingredients and are made by the same company, my LO hated Aptamil but loved Cow & Gate! She was prescribed Cow & Gate's Nutriprem so when we finally could stop giving her that, we just gave the next Cow & Gate one. I think formulas are pretty darn great - my LO started at a tiny 3lb 11oz and was well over 17lb by the time she was a year old.

thanks ladies :D im just on count down now and startin to panic about all sorts of things !! lol just want the best for me lil man :) xx

We tried Aptimal 1st but she got bad constipation so changed to cow and gate and she was fine on that so stuck to it.....

Think it's a case of you will have to give it a go and see how your lo gets on with it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back