what does contractions feel like? Duno if im in early labour or just overthinking ??

babyslog

Reaction score
Just posted this in labour/birth thread...

Sorry i know it sounds silly as most women just KNOW they are in labour..
But im so unsure!?

Isit the same as BHs but with alot more pain?
I have been having BHs through out the day, with the odd cramps throught the day..

Over the last hour my lower stomach and back have this constant dull ache and im getting waves of sharper pains in the same place, like period pains..
But im not really getting any tightenings, or i cant really feel them.
Can just feel Noah moving slightly with the pain.
So duno if hes causing it or im in early labour...!?

I guess i should start timing the pain, but theres this constant dull ache!
argh so confusing! xx

i would start timing them Hun see if there's a pattern, ooo exciting, if you are really unsure ring midwife, i think id be the same and be unsure xx

Last time mine felt just like waves of period cramps, not bad ones - took me a while to realise they were happening every ten minutes!
I agree, see if there is any kind of pattern :) - Is very exciting :)

thanks girlys..

guna go lay down and see if i can get timing! xxx

Have you got a birth ball? I'd have a little bounce :)

I was told to do the same thing today by my midwife! I hope this is it for you :) cxx

had a go on the ball. Just havin a lay down on bed atm then im guna get back on ball again :) x

The day I went into labour with my third, I had period cramps in waves and spent the day on my ball, went for a little walk, didnt really think it was labour, then decided at 4pm I should go and get checked out - convinced they would send me home for paracetamol and a bath, My dd was born 35 minutes later!
I love my ball - already have it inflated for this time!

Ive had ball out for months ive only started using it over the last 2weeks tho lol.
Argh backache still here but belly aches have eased!
Hmmm!???
Bet its not even the start!!!

Hope its that start of something! If not then I hope its not too long away for u :-D

Keep us updated! :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300

My firstlabour started out with dull backache. which last good few hours then the cramping pains started. Hope baby Noah will be here soon xx

If he's back to back - chances are you may feel it more in your back. Good luck overnight, hope it is the start for you

I'm having the same!! Been getting these period like aches on and off all day now my back has started aching! Fx for you hopefully it's the start of something exciting! Xx

thanks ladies..

i got a feeling its a false alarm tho :(

still got slight back ache but i think the crampy AF pains have kinda stopped!? :(
Noahs just wriggling about loads now lol! xx

I guess its hard to tell! Ill hate false alarms. But it could be any time! :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Ah dani!!!!! I can only say that when the real contractions start, there's absolutely no missing them! Obvious they start differently for different people, but they are like a little niggly period pain, that seem to build and get more and more painful withing about 20 seconds, then it gets to the point where u feel like ur insides are gonna tear apart, then a bit tighter, then after about another 20-30 seconds they stay like that and then fade off. And ur like.... Omg!!!! Then ul get the same again and again and again. They can start in ur back, so ud feel loads of pressure or pain in ur back for the same amount of time, and that would fade off again. If they don't go, and only get stronger then I'd say it's likely to be the start of things!! Eeeeek x but they can also start and stop, and trick u. Even when they're totally regular and excruciating, it still can take days for baby to come, so best thing to do is recognise a pattern, and monitor them. Then if they get really regular and strong, phone labour ward :) yaayyyyyyyy! X

Thanks hun!

Not sure if thing are happening now tbh!

Im off to bed tho, guna try and get some sleep and see if i get woken up with some nice big painful contractions haha! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back