what does contractions feel like? Duno if im in early labour or just overthinking ??

babyslog

Reaction score
Sorry i know it sounds silly as most women just KNOW they are in labour..
But im so unsure!?

Isit the same as BHs but with alot more pain?
I have been having BHs through out the day, with the odd cramps throught the day..

Over the last hour my lower stomach and back have this constant dull ache and im getting waves of sharper pains in the same place, like period pains..
But im not really getting any tightenings, or i cant really feel them.
Can just feel Noah moving slightly with the pain.
So duno if hes causing it or im in early labour...!?

I guess i should start timing the pain, but theres this constant dull ache!
argh so confusing! xx

Sounds like it Hun eeek good luck that's how mine started nearly 10 years ago x

thanks hun.. guna keep an eye on this and hopefully will progress over the next few hours xxx

My early contractions felt like period cramps in my lower tummy, like a vice. There was a definite gap of no pain between them right from the start.

inbetween mine im getting mega back ache..

hmmm not sure if these are the start of contractions or not..
hes back to back so not sure if thats causing the back ache! x

Jack was also back to back and I had back ache xx

Sorry ladies. False alarm!

Ive woken up to no baby lolol. Xx

Could be soon though and your body is preparing :) I never knew my contractions were contractions at first, they felt like baby moving making me uncomfortable and strong period pains. Hope it starts soon xxx

Hope he comes soon. Really dnt want to b induced if i can help it! Xx

I got all excited then hun!!!

It won't be much longer though.

Mine started off like period pains, I had about 4 hours hours of that and a little bloody show. Once I started to actually time them there were every 10 minutes or so.

Within a few hours of starting to time them they were painful and I had to breath through them....

All this time I was in denial that it was actually labour - despite me being 40+6 when it all started :lol: :lol:

xxxxxxx

FX it might pick up again today lol!
*wishful thinking* ;) lol xx

It could possibly be false pain! Relax but make sure you get it checked to be on the safe side!

My early contractions felt like my hips were widening with like a bit of pressing sensation in the middle.. The pain peaks and it has a pattern that you'll notice.

The pain peak intenses gradually over time and if labour is progressing and going in active labour it should have about 5 mins apart. How long a contraction last to me is hard to say as in the beginning especially I wasn't a 100% sure whether it was going intense or stay on a same level and didn't time most of the time from the actual start but more or less near the intense peak. I had less intense peaked contractions inbetween which made me think there was 8 mins apart while there really was only 4. Must admit I clicked onto it so late , by that time it was a bit like oh that was bloody obvious really why didn't I click on to it. And probaby when it coming so close together its hard to fall asleep.. Night one I slept shortly but actually managed to sleep with 10 mins apart at the actually beginning not sure if I had already dialeted or not.. But the night after with 4-6 I had no chance of even getting a kip and shortly after the plug went and that came out with two contractions after that my pain peak gone up a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back