What do you think????

Foxxi

Reaction score
My hubby and I are really at loggerheads at the moment..he hates me and I hate him.. because I'm wanting to go abroad for xmas as a family... just for a week with my parents, him and Fynn..but my hubby said that he thinks baby is too young.. What do you think???

Fynn will be 2 and a half months old! We already have a passport for him.
In the type of job that I do..there is noway I'm ever gonna get xmas off again..unless I have another baby.. so it really is the only xmas we could do it.

Please vote..settle this feud once and for all

I voted to young but only cos I'd personnally be concerned that if JT was poorly or anything I wouldn't be confident I'd know the right places to contact etc. Also I'd be unsure of water saftey for bottles etc (not a prob if you breast feed.

I dont think he's too young if your confident in these things though, and as long as it's not too hot where your going etc.

Also I'm not a big fan of being abroad at xmas time anyway so i guess I'm biased cos of that lol.

where do u plan on going?

i say hes old enough, we took our first baby on holiday at a really young age and i realy enjoyed it.

I put hes old enough, you can take a baby any age away. And hes with you and your family so i dont see what your husband is harping on about!

I voted old enough, although it does depend where you are going... I mean Egypt, Africa or China for example might be inappropriate at 2 months old but if you are talking maybe France or Spain then I can't see the problem. Water is extremely safe over here for example, and if you are that worried, they do bottled water at around 30c for 2l which can be used directly to make up bottles.

But being a mum you'll know what an issue it is to cart baby stuff around and that includes going anywhere away from home over a long period of time even in the UK... bottles, sterilisers, clothes etc... but then it's more hassle for you than a problem for your son.

Your son won't notice or even remember the xmas... so you won't be destroying any childhood memories.

We ..well I say we..except my husband.. where planning on going to the Canaries! He's still not having any of it..miserable git!

Thanx Squiglet..I'm gonna show him this thread! Thanx girls

I think as long as you take everything you need you'll be fine.
I've been to the canaries loads, and it's fine for babies, we took Mason for the first time when he was 5 months, the only probs we had was finding the right nappies but I'd just say take them all with you.

TBH it's probably the best time to go, later the flight will be more hassle, whereas a younger baby I think is easier to take care of on a plane... before they get too needy LOL

Are you sure your OH isn't more bothered about a traditional English Christmas? The canaries aren't very Christmassy :lol: not sure I'd want to be there for Christmas.

OOOH BUT, if you want to do this for Christmas at some point, this year will be the best to do it, as the baby will be too young to understand about Father Christmas. My In Laws live abroad and I wouldn't want them to be away from home for Christmas cos it ruins the whole Santa down the chimney thing.

Hi foxxi's husband :wave:

the baby will be fine and you'll all have a great time no matter where you are so you might aswell be fine and happy in the warm sunshine rather then sat indoors watching rubbish tv and eating crap!

Go on....go! We are taking our nearly 2 year old son away just after Boxing day, that way we will miss all the depressing aftermath of christmas. YAY!!!

Have a lovely christmas whatever you do :dance:

Well...I've showed him this post and I think after reading what you've all wrote he's maybe having second thoughts....and so he bloody should be!

Urchin...I think you hit the nail on the head...I really do think that he's wanting to stay here for the traditional xmas and making Fynns age the excuse in not going on holiday! I said this to him the other day..but being a man is denying it! Well if we do stay its gonna be shit cos I'm gonna be really miserable!

AND I aint cooking no dinner for him!!! :)

Well I would point out that you want to do it this year, and in years to come it may disrupt the "Father Christmas" story so you want to get it out of the way while LO doesn't understand.

Woo Hoo....He's changed his mind after reading your replies!

Thanx ladies! :hug:

YAAAAY :dance: WE'RE GOIN ON HOLIDAY FOR XMAS!! :dance:

I'll send you all a postcard and a mince pie :D

Awww

I'm pleased for you.. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time.

BTW if you are planning on have a Christmas dinner I would recommend you take your parsnips and gravy and stuff over in your suitcase...we tried to cook a roast there once and it was a nightmare haha!

Urchin said:
Awww

I'm pleased for you.. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time.

BTW if you are planning on have a Christmas dinner I would recommend you take your parsnips and gravy and stuff over in your suitcase...we tried to cook a roast there once and it was a nightmare haha!

Thanks... :hug:

I certainly wont be doin any cookin over there..lol..Im goin away to get away from all of that malarky :D We'll go to a restaurant where someone else will do all the cookin for us!

Im sooo excited now :dance:

BTW Urchin..Congrats on the news of your little boy :cheer:

Hi

so glad you got it sorted hope you have a good time

Yay, good for you! :clap: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

You will be fine with the travelling - easier when they are tiny than when they are older! (I brought Ani over to the UK in Oct, she was twelve weeks, and fine with it)

L

Where you going?????? :)

If you come to the costa brava area (my area) Carrefour do all the UK British trimmings and the ex pat community is HUGE... you'll have no probs finding a restaurant open who will do xmas lunch.. . :rotfl: :rotfl: Mind you I don't know why anyone comes here on holiday :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Squiglet said:
Where you going?????? :)

If you come to the costa brava area (my area) Carrefour do all the UK British trimmings and the ex pat community is HUGE... you'll have no probs finding a restaurant open who will do xmas lunch.. . :rotfl: :rotfl: Mind you I don't know why anyone comes here on holiday :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We're going to the Canaries..Dunno which Island yet tho..we're in the process of trawling all the holiday sites to get a good deal! :D

As for xmas dinner..I'd settle for a cheese and ham toastie for xmas dinner so long as I was out of this pissy wet country and laid on a beach in the sun! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back