What do you think?

Dee83

Reaction score
Hi,

Really struggling with a name for our little girl, due in feb, was hoping for some opinions on the two names we are thinking of please :)

Our surname is Evans. My husband is really wanting her to be called Elsie, after his Nan who has passed away, I’m not too sure if it is too old fashioned although I know that the name has become more popular again. We are also considering Ella as it’s a bit more modern and is a nice simple but lovely name.

Ella Evans
Elsie Evans

We aren’t set on a middle name yet but leaning towards Christine, after my Mum.

Would love your honest options, good or bad. It’s such a big decision naming your child isn’t it :shock:

Thanks ladies xx

Hi Dee,

Aw I think they are both equally really gorgeous names!! They go well with your surname. If I had to chose I prefer Elsie. slightly over Ella .xx

Thank you, really appreciate your opinions. So thats 1 vote for each then so far :)

I love Ella xxx that was my choice if ds2 had been a girl xx

Thank you. It’s such a hard decision isn’t it!

Emily is a lovely name but we have 3 Emily’s in our family so looking for something different, thanks though :)

I love both (Ella is one of my husband's choices) but I think of the two I prefer Elsie - it's old fashioned but in a really nice way. Also I teach loads of Ellas but no Elsies - definitely not as common!

Although Elsie is a pretty name, I prefer Ella. To me it sounds better with your surname too.

Thank you, really appreciate your opinions :)

Elsie is really cute. Emma is a very popular name and there is lots of Emmas. Elsie however sounds cute and unique x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back