what do you HATE about your house?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Babylicious, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

I hate our lounge fire place is like old york stone, I also hate the stair and landing carpet as it's 1970's

2. Krystal

Krystal Well-Known Member

nothing really, new build so all nice.. but i don't own it :cry: renting at moment and would love to own my home so i could decorate properly

3. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

I hate the fact that there are two bathrooms in our house right next door to each other (whats the point :roll:) and they are both at the far end of the flat as far away from the living room and my room as possible and I have to walk there...

84732948302480328940932840983204932'4903'294 gizzillion times a day to pee.. :wall: :wall: :wall: and through the night...

4. Gem & Leland

Gem & Leland Well-Known Member

my new upstairs neighbours and the fact its a tad small , especially the kitchen

5. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

I love my house! Every little bit of it!!

but I'm sure I'll think of something if I think really really hard.....

6. BabyLove

BabyLove Well-Known Member

My Stairs :evil: :evil: They Are Leathal and I Really Mean Lethal.

They're Made Of Solid Concrete, Are Dangerously High, Extremely Steep and Have a Wooden Ledge Running All The Way Along The Top For No Reason & Its a 22ft Drop :x Thats How My Kitten Died, She Fell To Her Death :(

7. annem

annem Well-Known Member

having to clean it!! and having no central heating :(

8. Jen & Her Men

Jen & Her Men Well-Known Member

Nothing! I LOVE every bit of my house! It is a new barn conversion though so Im sure given time things will start to annoy me and I will want to change them but right now its perfect!! :cheer:

9. Jen & Her Men

Jen & Her Men Well-Known Member

Ooo actually I have thought of something.

The fact that there is no Boost chocolate bar tree growing in the back garden.
    That would be amazing!
    And if the grass had some sort of self clean function once the dogs had done their business on there!

10. foxymum

foxymum Well-Known Member

i hate lots :lol: my oven door is hanging off & i've had to cook like that for at least a year, til we get a new kitchen i hav to put up with it.
    my husband also tried to change the spotlights in our kitchen, put the wrong bulb in & it started smoking :roll: it was melting the plastic surround :roll: so now i only have 1 spotlight in the kitchen instead of 3 :wall: one end of the kitchen is in darkness

the porch is only plastered & not decorated & the floor is concrete.
    the downstairs toilet was ripped out yesterday for the new one to be put in when the plumber can be bothered :roll: so we all have to traips upstairs for a pee :roll:

i've got loads i hate.............not that you couldn't guess :rotfl: :rotfl:

11. annaespana1

annaespana1 Well-Known Member

I hate loads about it but love loads too
    The biggest hate is that soooo much needs doing to it, we've NEARLY done the spareroom, main bathroom, one of the hallways and the baby's room BUT we still need
    to build on ext for bigger kitchen (the one we've got only fits 1 person at a time)
    decorate livingroom(including plastering and new tiles), decoate our bedroom and fit a new bathroom (this one smells bad- Spanish plumbing!)
    Put terracing round pool area and basically make the dried up grass that surrounds our house into a garden....other than that I Live my wee casa :rotfl:
    I DON'T WANT TOO MUCH :rotfl:

12. emma28

emma28 Well-Known Member

that

13. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

the doors, there big heavvy fire doors and lethal with Bray around

14. budge

budge Well-Known Member

my mortgage :(

15. Foxxi

Foxxi Well-Known Member

Our stairs creek really badly! No creeping about in our house!!!

16. Happybunny

Happybunny Well-Known Member

my impossibly tiny kitchen...you can squeeze two people in but then we have to dance around each other to do anything.

17. tattybear85

tattybear85 Well-Known Member

lack of storage space(we only have 1 cupboard and its upstair so use the the little cubby bit by the front door to put hoover in etc so every uses the back door who know us)
    the floorboards creek really badly
    not enough plug sockets(we only have 2 in the front room)

Apart from that the house is lovely

Oh yeah i really really really hate the front lawn all the school kids throw their rubbish onto it dog owners let their dog c**p on it so when i get the lawn mover on it i usually get a piece of dog c**p stuck in the blades!

18. Misslarue

Misslarue Well-Known Member

My outhouse. A long widowed room badly stuck on the end of my kitchen. You can fit bugger all in it (a fridge) and it's bloody cold. Its such a waste of space. Also the council have just put in new windows but won't re-do the outhouse as it was built later and not part of the original bungalow. So now sticks out like a sore thumb!

19. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

The fact that for the amount of money we have spent turning a decrepit pile of cow poo and oak into a quite nice 2 bedroom cottage, we could have had a brand spanking new 5 bedroom house. But it's listed so we have had to become experts on things like limewash and timber frame reconstruction. Still - wait till we get the extension! In the meantime we have a little piece of paradise just waiting for the extension. Although I would also like a chocolate bar tree :lol:

20. Sophie1102

Sophie1102 Well-Known Member

I hate the fact that the parking is so restricted!!!