What do you do when you child's at nursery?

GF91

Reaction score
LO was doing 3 hour sessions twice a week, but we've recently moved 30 mins away and I didn't want to take her out of her nursery because she absolutely loves it there, so I've upped her hours on a Monday 9-4- but I'm so bored! I've cleaned the house from top to bottom, Ive cut the grass, prepared dinner for tonight and now I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs wondering what to do with myself? I can't take the dogs out as I did 10 miles with them yesterday morning and they're all in their beds snoring their heads off... I can't go to the gym as I put my back out when we moved so I'm taking some time off. All my friends that are mummies are telling me to enjoy the quiet and have some me time but I'm not really one for sitting still!

I'm not much help as when my son goes to nursery I go to work... but he's off to school in September and I'll still only be working part-time so I'm going to have some thumb twiddling time - I'm definitely looking forward to it :lol: Especially as, if all goes well with this pregnancy, I'll be 12 weeks gone and in need of a rest :lol:

But anyway - your signature says you're getting married at the end of the year? Have you got all your planning done for that? If not is there anything you could be doing? Making favours or designing invites or something?!

If not then maybe take up a new hobby - learn to knit, or sew, or paint, or something like that?!

I work through a massive to-do list and yearn for the day when I feel like you currently do :)

Thinking more, it sounds like you are spending a lot of time being mummy and doing domestic chores. What's your identity outside of that? What do you do for fun? What were your interests and passions before you met your OH and had children? xx

If it were me, I'd spend time clearing out cupboards, wardrobes, the garage, sorting and listing stuff on eBay... I could fill weeks and weeks! x

Thinking more, it sounds like you are spending a lot of time being mummy and doing domestic chores. What's your identity outside of that? What do you do for fun? What were your interests and passions before you met your OH and had children? xx

To be honest, I don't really have an identity other than Milanias mum & j's misses. I don't really do anything for fun, I'm kinda stuck in a routine currently. I used to ride horses & gym 7 X a week before I met J- but that's not something I can get back into, I don't have the time to devote to it. Xxx

If it were me, I'd spend time clearing out cupboards, wardrobes, the garage, sorting and listing stuff on eBay... I could fill weeks and weeks! x

I did that when we moved, had a major clear out 😕

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back