What do you do to cheer yourself up after the BFN?

MissJuliet

Reaction score
I got another BFN this morning. I just wondered what everyone does to cheer themselves up? X

I'm not in this position yet, as just waiting to even ovulate.

But just use it as an excuse to treat yourself... what's your guilty pleasure? Wine? chocolate? Just do it in a nice way, run a nice bath or something, as opposed to drowning or eating your sorrows away.

Sorry about your BFN, wish you loads of luck for next cycle

Thank you Donna. I can use the BFN to add to my ever increasing list of excuses to eat chocolate! X

Nothing, I'm the biggest greetin' faced cow for the entire day and nothing makes me feel better. Then the next day I think 'oh, wine' :lol:

xx

It depends on how I feel after it really, sometimes I've been fine with it and postive about next month, other times its just best to have a cry and get the disappointment out of my system.

A hot bubble bath and some favourite movies help too x

Last edited:
It's so hard isn't it, you wait 2 weeks for hopefully a positive result then it's negative. I didn't think it would be so hard. So many people it happens to straight away. As far as picking yourself up, a bottle of wine helps for a short while then you just have to think there's next month, a month closer to getting that Bfp hopefully.
Fingers crossed for next month!

I like to think that whatever happens, each second is a second closer to getting a BFP! X

Sorry for your BFN. I'm starting to think I might be getting one soon too. I have got a work function coming up that I will be having a drink at if I'm not pregnant and enjoying the fact that I won't have to spend the night hiding my lack of drinking. But it will feel great not drinking if there's a good reason for it!!

I have a toddler (who is a poor sleeper) and in absolute honesty I often have a tinge of relief as well as the frustration of a bfn, as sometimes the thought of a new baby + my son is a bit scary. But when I do feel a bit down in the dumps it is wine & chocolate for me! My DH stopped on the way home on Friday evening, to pick me up a bottle of red, even though we were supposed to be doing dry January! :)

Last edited:
Sorry Hun :( I tend to indulge in some 'me' time with a bubble bath a glass of wine or 2 and a DVD with hubby. Chocolate also helps. I also go to the gym or for a walk if I feel up to it, helps with AF cramps and is a helpful distraction and hopefully strengthening our bodies will increase our chances. You're not out until AF shows though, quite a few ladies got their BFP after their period was late.

I'm on day 42 now and still no period �� Saw gynae yesterday and they are doing lots of tests to try and find out what's going on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back