What do you count as CD1?

CARNAT22

Reaction score
I posted this in LTTC but I thought I'd ask here as well :)

I need a blood test on CD2 and am having trouble working this out.

I was very lightly spotting yesterday evening, nothing on underwear (barely noticable) and the same again today....

Now the leaflet says (and I quote) "The first full days bleeding is classed as cycle day one"

So - I am not actually bleeding properly yet. Would you agree that CD1 will be tomorrow?

Sorry to be so thick!

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
hi nat,

to me my cd 1 is the first day of full flow of bleeding. I often get a brownish colour spotting i dont count this as its not noticeable until i wipe TMI sorry! lol

My cd1 is when i have red blood flow and need to use a pad/tampon.

Can i just say i wear a pad as soon as i think im due on, the first bit of this answer makes it sound like i leave it to chance! lol

you could always ring the docs and double check ?? Better to be safe and than sorry :)

you could always ring the docs and double check ?? Better to be safe and than sorry :)

Thanks Emma - I don't want to ring the RMC to ask them this LOL! They'll think I am an idiot.

I think full day of proper bleeding will make CD1 tomorrow for me, I just wanted to double check.

I have a little brownish stuff going on but nothing noticeable yet

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
yeh i would consider it the first day of full flow hun (i dont tend to get spotting i just come on full flow straight away so theres no room for analysis with mine lol)

possibly tomorro will be ur cd 1?

xxxxxx

yeh i would consider it the first day of full flow hun (i dont tend to get spotting i just come on full flow straight away so theres no room for analysis with mine lol)

possibly tomorro will be ur cd 1?

xxxxxx

That's what I think too but now I have started to doubt myself.

Think I'll call my GP and ask the receptionist?

xxxxxxxx

yeh might be an idea to just confirm it xxx

One of the downsides of my lovely big practice is it takes about an hour for anyone to answer the phone LOL!

Will try again later - feel 99% cool with tomorrow being CD1 though!

xxxxxxxxx

ah good :) 99% is great....if u do gte hold of them it will b even better to be 100% sure lol xxxxxxx

I had such trouble working out what day was cd1 this month - still not convinced I got as had heavy red spotting for 2 days before af really kicked in - so frustrating! I took the middle day as my cd just to be on the safe side - will go and check out LTTC too.... thanks for posting this nat :) xxx

ps hope you managed to get an answer from your gp xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back