What do I do???????

nicki

Reaction score
Hi All,

I had another appointment this morning with my doctor about my persistant headaches & he seems to have ruled numerous causes ( I was pleased to find out I don't have a brain tumour!! :? ) the infection I had has finally cleared up which he thought might be causing them but as they are still with me he now thinks it might be a problem in the back of my neck and/or trapped nerves and said I should go to see an osteopath.
I've just looked at the prices for my local one and it costs £39 for the first visit and £27 per half hour after that :shock: I knew it wouldn't be cheapy cheapy but that's verging on silly!

I just don't know what to do. Do I go? we can't really afford that sort of money, what with Christmas coming up & a small expensive called a baby who is going to need little things like a cot & pram etc! and the docs signed me off work for another 2 weeks, which I don't get paid for, also i'm worried that it might harm the babe, i had sessions with the osteopath about 10 years ago & know what they do so & all that cracking & twisting just doesn't seem right to me when i'm pregnant, I know they are qualified but if something did go wrong i wouldn't be able to live with myself, just for the sake of headaches.

Has anyone has had this sort of treatment or what would you do in my situation. HELP!

Thanks girls.

Nicki.xx

I would definitely go to the osteopath!!!

See if you can get a recommendation from a friend - always best for this kind of thing - and tell them you're pregnant when you make the appointment.

I've got a good one, but here in North London so no use to you, and he's been v. gentle with me since I've been pregnant. I had a trapped nerve in my shoulder which was excacerbating existing pregnancy headaches; it took about 3 visits, but it's so worth it!!!

The relief from pain is worth any money you can afford!!! You won't enjoy Christmas with a seering headache! And you're probably not aware of just how badly its affecting you until it goes.

Enough of an endorsement?

aw chick, its so hard isnt it. Bloody money is the route of all evil!
Can you not get any help with costs? i dont know what to suggest im afraid.
I hope you get it sorted, but take care.

Hey, thanks girls,

I've been chatting to my mum about it and she just said sod the money!! so i'm going to make an appointment tomorrow and hope I won't need many sessions. I just hate spending hard earned cash on things like this but I guess I can't go on forever with a headache. :(

Nic.xx

I've just made an appt with my osteo as - since mailing yesterday - I've started getting twinges in my right shoulderblade v. similar to what laid me low in the summer. I should've gone back for a final appt, but had to miss it and have just been too busy to make another one. Naughty.

Be warned that sometimes it will feel worse before it feels better and don't give up.

Do ask around and see if you can get a personal recommendation; if you can't, then check their credentials when you make the booking.

Hope it works for you as well as it has for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back