what do green poops mean?

twinkle90

Reaction score
Erin has had dirty green nappies for a few weeks now, we have changed her milk a few times. But I'd of thought her nappies would be back to normal now. Could it be an intolerance even though she's been fine previously? X

With breastfed babies it means they're not getting enough hind milk (or a few other reasons)

Maybe it is the milk change? Ring your health visitor if really concerned. Does she seem well in herself?

I put Darcey on comfort milk and she had green poo which health visitor said is totally normal... Took her off and it went back to yellow xx

Jackson had a green/browny/yellow poops at times - we were told it was normal too.

xxxx

I mentioned in another post that your baby has very similar issues what what mine did.
A list of the things we went through - screaming all the time, wouldn't sleep, bad wind, only taking 2/3oz at a time, a lot of straining and green poo's - after seeing Hv and doctor her weight was terrible, she was 12.10 oz at 11 weeks and they weighed her again at 23 weeks and she was 13.03oz , she's dropped from the 50th to the 25th centile. although if been back and forward to the docs many times about problems, we changed milks to see if it was the milk that wasn't agreeing with her, we tried comfort milk which worked for about 3 weeks then the symptoms came back.
Anyway, after a lot of pushing and tears we were checked and she has a dairy intolerance. We are now on neocate lcp milk and started dairy free weaning 4 weeks ago and she is like a different child.
Her poo's had been green from about 5/6 weeks, we were fobbed off with colic because she screamed a lot and struggled to get her wind out the bottom end - but things came to a head when she was meant to have grown out of the colic stage and still going through it !
Go and see your doctor and ask if you can try neocate lcp xx

Can be a sign of wind apparently

She has no other problems. Very content. Just this green poo. HV thinks nothing of it. It could just be Erin. but it's not meant to be green at all is it? before she did have yellow poos x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back