What do contractions feel like

lottie89

Reaction score
I know that once I start having them, I'll just know what that they are contractions but out of interest, what do they feel like?

I would like more details as well.

Asked my neighbor who is 39 weeks pregnant and already has 2 kids and she said that for her it started of like period pain cramps and then when the real contractions started the whole belly kind of contracts/cramps up so a bit different?

No idea but interesting to hear more!!

xx

It really is a hard one to explain as you kind of forget how painful everything is after you've had the baby. I liken mine to bad period cramps or really bad wind pains across your whole belly just more painful xx

If what I've been having all day is anything to go by, I can only describe it as like having the worst stitch in the side constantly, and then when everything tightens it spreads across the bump and gets very intense... :S

I like the quote ""If period pains were one on the scale, contractions were 1,000,000" :shock:

I was told I'd know them once I had them - not true. They felt nothing like I expected. Not like period pains in the slightest, not over my belly. Really low, and like I needed a massive poo.
And not as bad as I had been expecting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back