What did your lo eat today? (TW & BLW)

Amy_J

Reaction score
I thought we could start a thread like this to get ideas from each other!!!! im TW and still not fully established so would love to hav a nosey at what other mums feed their lo especially for finger foods etc. when i introduce them in a month or so

.. so here goes...

yesterday marley had:

breakfast: hipp organic creamy rice, half jar
lunch: pureed veggies (home made) 2 ice cubes
dinner; hipp organic veggies and lentils, half jar

he also had 35oz formula in 24 hours!!!

Yesterday Odhrán had:

Breakfast - 9oz cows milk, rusk
Lunch - C&G beef hotpot, yoghurt & drink
Dinner - Mash with spaghetti mixed through, drink
Supper - C&G creamed porridge + 9oz cows milk

Snacks in between - Organix carrot sticks, weetos & an oatcake

yay thankyou! im getting ideas already! =) hopefully this thread will be inspiring for us all! lol xx

I only started Tegan monday as she can't have anything with milk Im struggling!
monday night she had banana and last night she had cow and gate apple & pear fruit pot.
by the way great thread Hun! x

Odhrán loved the fruity stuff when he was younger, the first bit of fruit I gave him was chopped up banana.. He would actually eat anything now x

She seems to love fruit so far, i think i'll carry on with fruit for a few more days then try some vegetables! x

Zac has had fruity porridge for breakfast, some of my toast, butternut squash and sweet potato for lunch, a yoghurt, braised beef and sweet potato for tea and a baby biscuit, and 17oz of milk, and still has a 7oz bottle to come in an hour x

today marley had;

milk for breakfast (as he was grumpy!)
home made potato and carrot puree for lunch (few cubes)
home made broccoli, potato & parmesan puree for dinner (3 cubes..he loved this!!!!!)

plus 3 x 7oz bottles, with 2 night feeds left to go!!!

for breakfast my two had milk and about 1/2 slice of toast each, K had a bowl of cornflakes too! lunch was 1/2 a chicken sandwich each (K just ate te chicken), they had a couple of biscuits each and some milky buttons at my mums and for tea they had onion flavour ryvita and babybell! sounds awful that, but they just wont eat! K asked for some of my dinner and i gave her some but she didnt eat it! god knows why i cook for these children! i swear your newly weaned babies are eating more than my two!

Oh I can't wait to start this! I LOVE baby food lol
What does TW mean?
And when do I start weaning him... I have no idea, I feel like a bad mummy now!

TW is traditional weaning, so basically spoon feeding purees. You can start from 4-6 months, when your baby is ready. You can tell because they show interest in your food, and are not satisfied by just milk. Your not a bad mummy at all, I didn't have a clue! Zac wasn't interested until about 6 and a half months. It is great giving them new foods and watching them enjoy them and learn xxx

I didn't start weaning properly until Odhrán was over 4 months, I tried him with baby rice and a fruit pot when he turned 4 months but waited a bit longer before I done it properly x

Today Drake had milk, milk, milk, milk and more milk lol I can't wait to start BLW..He's taking a proper interest in food right now, 2 weeks to go!

Charley had milk, milk and milk too! I've had to stop weaning cos he refuses to eat any solid food ATM :( we were doing so well with weaning before he became ill too!

I'm in the same situation as ZMD, milk allergic baby :wall: has anyone got any suggestions for breakfast instead of baby rice mixed with fruit, or banana porridge, he's 5 months, when can i give him oatibix and stuff??
Yesterday he had
7:30 milk
8:30 banana porridge with a bit of musher up banana in :)
11:00 milk
11:45 homemade sweet pot, parsnip and carrot and half a fruit pot for pud
2:30 milk
3:45 rest of apple,mango and peach fruit pot mixed with a bit of baby rice
6:45 milk

He had about 24oz of milk in total

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

I'm in the same situation as ZMD, milk allergic baby :wall: has anyone got any suggestions for breakfast instead of baby rice mixed with fruit, or banana porridge, he's 5 months, when can i give him oatibix and stuff??
Yesterday he had

breakfasts are my nightmare, my lo is usually grumpy in the morning so sometimes just has milk!!! i like the sound of your homemade sweetpotatato etc, might give that a go!!!

No gluten until 6 months :)

I csan't wait for this but the wee man is showing no signs at 15 weeks so I'm not going to start in a a hurry :) He sleeps 10-11 hours at night and is content through the day as well x

No gluten until 6 months :)

I csan't wait for this but the wee man is showing no signs at 15 weeks so I'm not going to start in a a hurry :) He sleeps 10-11 hours at night and is content through the day as well x

Good idea henrys started waking in the night again, not sure why he doesn't seem to want anything, just hope it stops soon!

Going to try some swede and potato for lunch!

Yesterday he had

breakfasts are my nightmare, my lo is usually grumpy in the morning so sometimes just has milk!!! i like the sound of your homemade sweetpotatato etc, might give that a go!!!

Henry loved it! 2 cubes of each.... Yummy!

yesterday was a bad day for food!!! lo was very grumpy. sooo
breakfast..bottle
lunch...bottle (we were out & i didnt fancy getting dirty in public!)
dinner...4 cubes of broccoli, potato & parmesan (he loves it, he gets excited!)

then he had a bed time bottle and 2 night feeds. im exhausted!!!!!!!!!!!
oh he also had about 2oz water from a trainer bottle!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back