What did your contractions feel like??

chrystaltips

Reaction score
I've had some mild AF cramping for a few days - think baby was engaging but now nothing. Looking for any signs to watch out for.

Are contractions like period pains, like more severe BH? or like something else altogether. Do you always get backache too?

Did it start suddenly, like overnight, or did it build up from a feeling gradually over a few days?

Thanks guys....

mine came on gradually over a few days, started off like period pains in my tum then moved to my back and got worse until I had her. I had my show about a day before any pains started tho x

I had period type pains to start with in early stages in the morning. I then kept getting waves in my back (was back to back labour) they'd reach a peak then go away but still had a constant ache in my back. I wasn't convinced I was in labour TBH. everyone says.. 'ooh you'll know' well actually I didn't for def. Not until it got to 4-5cm then you'll know :wink:

Mine were more like bad period pains and back ache in my lower back than braxton hicks.

midna said:
oo yer I thought Id add in the week leading up to it ..I went to poo alot and had some irregular contractions ...I also had 2 really bad night sweats ...tbh I knew it was coming to an end just seemed to take forever. xx

You had resigned yourself to the fact that you were going to be pregnant forever, hadn't you! :rotfl:

mine started off like period pain but then it starts
coming in waves like bad cramps that lasted about 10 seconds at first
and about every 15-20 mins or so.
then they just got worse nearer together and more intense also lasting
longer..this happened to me for a week though and then they just got
relentless and so bad that all i could do was walk round the living room
really fast in a circle going "oh god oh god" until one had subsided
thats when i had to go to hospital.

I know what you mean about the bumhole/cervix tightening, that's what my BH feel like most of the time now. Immense tightening across the lower part of my bump and underneath. I've had BH since about 15 weeks but they are a lot stronger and more frequent now, just never seem to get regular or for any length of time.

Not really had much in the way of period pain so I'm wondering if mine will be more like BH than the cramping sort.

chrystaltips said:
I know what you mean about the bumhole/cervix tightening, that's what my BH feel like most of the time now. Immense tightening across the lower part of my bump and underneath. I've had BH since about 15 weeks but they are a lot stronger and more frequent now, just never seem to get regular or for any length of time.

Not really had much in the way of period pain so I'm wondering if mine will be more like BH than the cramping sort.

period pain is caused by the uterus tightening to
expel menstrual fluid so labour is like an extreme version of
that i guess.
its pretty hard to explain how it feels because its like nothing
that you've experienced before and everyone is different-
some women give birth and they didnt even know they were pregnant!
lol its a strange and wonderful thing is labour!!

at first they feel like period pains that hav "peaks" to them. they gradually get worse and worse and last longer. they are like a wave of pain, it starts and intensifies then eases (then in between its pain-free)
they are quite hard 2 describe!
when i got to 5cms dilated i couldnt speak thru them, and i was like i had ants in my pants lol i would stand up, sit down, stand up, turn around, crouch down, kneel up, grab the couch- then it would stop and i'd relax!
when it got near the end it felt surreal- during one it was like there was only me and this pain- i forgot about everything else!

My natural ones upto 7cm dilated felt hot, intense and like a heavy wave of pulsing pressure, the most weird but wonderful feeling. Mine built up slowly, but they would ease off when I slept, but believe that was to do with my hypnobirthing relaxation. However I ended up being induced with a drip and they came on very thick and fast then and they were painful, but also not 100% natural.

Very best wishes chrystaltips :hug: :hug: :hug:

Tegala-7thMarch08 said:
I DONT THINK I SHUD HAVE READ THIS THREAD LOOL :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Knowledge is power :D (although maybe not when it comes to labour!) :? I imagined it to be much worse than it was.

mine built from from 4am till 12 (midnight)

alot mine started in my lower back, then came around to front/bottom of my bump were coming in waves lasting 60seconds, be honest i could tell they was difference from BH. they were different because, very strong period type cramping pain, which as day went on found it harder to do things everytime i got one.

I had discharge and lots of bowel movements about a week before i went into labour. My waters just broke on afternoon then got contractions about 45 minutes later, just felt like someone twisting my insides.My lil girl was back to back so i had lots of pain in my back. Its not that bad though, is soon forgotten when you see your little one for the first time.When i saw Scarlett i said omg i thought all babies looked the same but i could pick her out of a million.Greastest moment of my life. Good luck, you will be fine

AGONY :lol:

mine were always close together, about 4mins apart most of the time.

very painful tightenings. as said, that seems to peak before going back down.

in the end, i was stood holding onto the edge of the couch, then at the hospital, leaning on the wall until i was given gas and air.

my boy was back to back. which is supposed to be abit more painful. i ended up birthing on my side, as mw thought it would turn him, and to be fair, it did, but right at the end :roll:

baby will come when he comes. you will know when it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back