What did your belly feel like?

NIE

Reaction score
The first few days after birth? Was it hard or wobbly? Did it get a wee bit smaller or was it just as big for a while?

I imagine it to feel quite empty and strange. xxx

it felt really strange after. like something was missing from my body.
i member when the placenta and jayla came out my tummy just went down. wuite strange
ooohhhh the joy of childbirth
xnatx

Mine was just like a deflated balloon and was really wobbley. Feels really strange. I still looked pregnant for a few days after execept I could bend over.

Mine turned into a jelly belly, felt really weird. I still kept putting a hand on my tummy as if I was still pregnant, it took a couple of weeks to break the habit :?

kellie80 said:
Mine was just like a deflated balloon and was really wobbley. Feels really strange. I still looked pregnant for a few days after execept I could bend over.

Oooo, I can't wait to be able to bend over again. :D

Thanks. :hug:

I had a bit of a jelly belly before pregnancy so it won't make that much difference. xx

urgh GRRRRRRRRRROSS! it was really, really squidgey and soft- yuck!
my girl friend and i were laughing about an article she read saying post-baby bellys feel like soggy cream puffs- but its true! :puke:

and still a bit swollen too i looked a bit pregnant still for a few days.
and the day after i gave birth we had to go to hosp for the paediatrician checks (i had a home birth) and in the car on the way i stroked my tummy like i did when i was pregnant, out of habit. i completely freaked myself out! its nice stroking a pregnant tum but stroking ur empty tum is just weird! lol

i got out of the bath after having her and glanced in the mirror and saw a skin tsunami.. in slow motion shocked the hell outa me.. i was like!! whoohoowwWWW!! where the hell did that saggy sack of skin come from!! eeww!! dreading it this time.. gonna be down to my knees no doubt!

I contracted back down quite quickly because of the breastfeeding. The flabby bit under my belly button is pretty gross - stretchmarked and flobby like a balloon that's gone down!!!

midna said:
All floppy and empty ...I miss the bump :cry: ...but love being able to bend. :D
Do you see what I mean about not being able to lie on your tummy when your milk comes in!! :rotfl:

With DD coming 7 wks early and being in SCBU, I really missed my bump and felt terribly empty. It was awful and one of the most upsetting aspects of her early delivery that has stayed with me.

Hopefully going to term this time round, it will be different. I'm certainly struggling a lot with the end of this pregnancy In a lotI of ways 'll be glad to see the end of it.

It was strange being able to feel the uterus shrink back down over the first few days.

This is going to sound wierd but I kept plunging my fist into my soggy middle. It felt so bizaare, like I could reach right back to my spine, it was all so soft after lugging a beach ball around for a few months :shock:

:rotfl: @ Minxy

Yes it definitely feels like a deflated balloon for a few days afterwards and I still looked about 4 months pregnant BUT I felt so thin; after having my big bump for so long I really did feel thin; looking back at the pics I know I wasn't :rotfl:

Someone else I know described it like a sponge cake when you first take it out the oven!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back