what counts as cheating?

trixipaws

Reaction score
just wondered. i think anything further than kissing. we used to hav parties and sometimes my boyf would snog some of the girls (i would too!) which was ok with me it was part of the party spirit! haha

I think anything like texting and stuff as there has to be "something" there for them to do it. if you know what i mean

Anything behind my back...if he has to hide it he must know himself its wrong

One of the options suggests you are in an open relationship?
If your in an open relationship then you are pretty much giving him permisson to do what he wants.

Other than that i think overly flirting and kissing and anything further than that i would class as cheating.

Flame said:
One of the options suggests you are in an open relationship?
If your in an open relationship then you are pretty much giving him permisson to do what he wants.

yes thats right, but u could say one can still cheat in an open relationship by not being "open" to ur partner, being secretive about who ur sleeping with. thats why i added that one, for those who would say none of those things are cheating as long as i kno about it!

trixipaws said:
just wondered. i think anything further than kissing. we used to hav parties and sometimes my boyf would snog some of the girls (i would too!) which was ok with me it was part of the party spirit! haha

but would you be ok about him kissing another girl if you were not there?

with my pregnancy hormones at the mo i can't really give a real answer. My view has changed since being preg and i'm not sure how i'll be when we are a family.

Its a difficult situation to comment on i think really because (my opinion dont hurt me) i think relationships like that generally end in tears anyway.

annem said:
but would you be ok about him kissing another girl if you were not there?
hm, id rather he didnt, but i wouldnt class it as cheating. i might get a bit annoyed but i wouldnt feel like id been cheated on

wot starts as a 'flirt' in any shape or form can lead to other things, been there and got the scars, my ex told me he didnt know the number even though on his phone bill it showed up approx 10 times a day and it ended with me finding out that he'd had a full blown affair! and he still denied it :x
so sorry I wouldnt even tolerate 'flirting' in any shape or form now

Flame said:
Its a difficult situation to comment on i think really because (my opinion dont hurt me) i think relationships like that generally end in tears anyway.
open relationships? i agree they do end in tears- well they hav in my experience. i wasnt in one but i had 2 friends (a couple) who were and theyre not together any more. they guy was really insecure he once begged me not to steal his girlf (i wasnt going to! he was just paranoid)

in my opinion if any bloke had to do anything like flirt , text , email etc or anything behind a partners back then thats cheating no matter how they try and justify it. i have had this done in my life and my mother did it to my dad and i feel if a man (or woman) is not got the balls to be honest then................. ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

okay i best leave it there b4 i chuck all my past history in and get all heated . sorry ladies as u were saying............

Oooh i see, sorry jumping the gun a bit and assuming it was you for some reason :oops:

i think dat some men just cant help them selves.
wot gets on my nerves is when your bf tells you not to wear skirts and sh*t but then he looks at girls who r dressed like that :evil:
i say ' i see you looking'
xnatx

have been there and been seriously burned, walked into my house and found my ex #BF shagging some blonde - your basic nightmare, slim,high big boobs looked like a greek goddess.
That started off as txting as they met at his work. So i wouldnt tolerate pretty much nothing but im secure with my husband, if he was upto something and being secretive i would know and id catch him as i still check his phone :oops:

LOL flirting is what Gemini's do best and as both me and my DH are Gemini's then flirting is what comes naturally... If we considered flirting as cheating then we would end up divorced by now...

We have a friend (also a gemini... we know lots for some reason and he has the same birthday as DH :think: ) and me and him always flirt... DH knows there's nothing in it... and his friend is just like that... I know that DH has gone out and flirted with other women... I think it's a huge boost to someones moral to realise that what their partners say about them is the truth... they are sexy and desirable... and whats more... it proves the strength of your relationship is you can trust them enough to go out, flirt yet still come home to you :)

Neither DH nor me are the jealous type but we have respect for each other.. We've discussed this and know that snogging someone would be breaking that respect (the whole sharing bodily fluids etc... you can catch cold sores aka the herpes virus via snogging)... but not general kissing as that's how most people say hello over here... :rotfl: So if kissing was considered cheating... me and DH would have cheated hundreds of times... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

As for keeping stuff secret... I keep a lot of my conversations with my ex secret from DH... not because I have anything to hide or am doing anything behind his back, but I just don't want sh*t head to have anything to do with my life now nor my DH to have anything to do with him... But I'm not "cheating"...

I know that DH has gone out with his ex before, and I didn't worry about him "cheating"... I just feel odd being there but don't want to infringe on his relationship with her as they are still good friends. Having trust is one of the most basic building blocks to a relationship... without it... it is very difficult to continue that relationship because doubt will always be there and that's no way to live your life.

gosh- 5 of you have open relationships! i didnt think they were so popular

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back