What can they do?

Blanco

Reaction score
So it's coming up to a year soon of ttc and when I mentioned it to doctor ( not what I went for) we got talking. Because I have two children ( and I know how lucky I am) he said I would go to bottom of list for intervention which is fine as I have had 2 daughters surly my body can do it again he did however say investigations on a doctors level can be done soon because of my age (34) I told him I he a positive OPK every month and an regular so obviosly ovulating so my question is. What exactly will thu test. I don't need chlomid as in ovulating and an regular and I dot need assistance. What can he do?
By the way it took 4.5 years to conceive first daughter

Hi hon, just because you get positive opk each month doesn't definitely mean you are ovulating every time - opk tests for hormone surge but it's possible to have the surge and not ovulate. I suspect the doctor would do day 21 bloods to check progesterone levels which is only way to know for sure if you are ovulating. They could also do a SA for your oh to check there are no issues there. They can also do more general blood test to rule out other issues eg thyroid problems. Definitely worth pushing to get these tests done as if you do need a referral everything takes ages!

Good luck!

Anna x

Last edited:
Thanks Anna he said give him a call if it gets to August and I have no news so not long x

Hiya, I ovulate every month also but my doctor says that I can start clomid to produce more eggs each month therefore increasing the chance of getting pregnant. Maybe that could be an option for you. Good luck, I hope you get some answers x x x

Oooh naomi I like this idea I will mention it when I go in August... How long have you been on the chlomid then? X

I'm hoping to go on clomid also as I don't even have a menstrual cycle so def not ovulating!! Got to have a hsg first though to check tubes not blocked.

Anna x

I haven't started yet. For several reasons we're going to wait until sept before starting it. I'm slightly bricking it as the doc says that it obviously carries a slight chance of conceiving twins eeeeek!

God Anna that must be so frustrating! When was your last af? X

I haven't had one since coming off the pill 10 months ago. I occasionally get spotting but unless it's full red flow it doesn't count apparently. It is incredibly frustrating but at least getting tests done etc so hopefully they'll do something soon.

Fx you get a natural bfp before sept! How long have you been trying?

Anna x

Anna that must be hard ..... Twins sound good girls haha xx

Yeah, I think twins sounds quite good - gets it over and done with if you want to have two?!

Hahaha god I think I'd rather have them separately, not together. But at least we wouldn't have to go through ttc again lol. We've not been trying that long, since August last year but we've had a few bumps in the road so haven't actively been trying every single month. I don't live in the uk and luckily, I think the doctors here are a bit more willing to help out with ttc which is why I think they've prescribed me clomid quite early on.

Anna have you thought about agnus castus I know a few girls have used it to shorten their cycles. Might jump start yours, maybe worth looking into x x x

I did try agnus castus with no success but I wonder if I didn't give it enough time to work. I bought a bottle of 90 tablets, started taking one a day and then upped it to 2 a day so I was really only taking it for 2 months. Perhaps I should give it another try

Anna x

I was wondering this too! I also have 2 children already, but have been ttc no3 for 14 months - however in that time I have had 3 losses - last one was a chemical which my docs do not take into account for reccurent mc! so not really much point me going to docs now.....I have a regular 29 day cycle and ovulate every month confirmed by charting. so guess it's just a waiting game for a sticky bean. I am using soy, which is supposed to work in a similar way to clomid.

hiyai also have 2 children dd is 14 and took 6 moths to concieve ds took about 2 years but i think that was because we lived in a bad area i was homesick and was under a lot of stress we moved home and bam 2 months i was pregnant but now is a different story been tryin nearly 6 years and nothing , im 35 hubby is 41 im defo ov regular cycles always ov on cd12 , sooo went to the drs he did bloods to check thyroid , liver and kidney function also full blood count and a 21 day blood test all came back fine 21 day bloods were 39.5 which i beleive is good , told hubby to have a sprem test which he was fine about till he went to see another gp to get his letter etc , this dr then put him off as he said well i carnt see it being you as you have fathered 2 children arghhh useless git !! my gp said he has happy to refer if any probs showed up but said fertility clinc would just put it down to unexplained fertillity , so i take basic folic acid with iron (pregaday) got hubby on the wellman supplement , sorry for long post and probably wasnt much help either lol

6 years Jodie wow I thought my 4 years (previously ) was a hard slog. I want 3 I was put off soy as I read it could have the opposite affect and affect fertility for the wrong reason but the. I AM scared of everything I used a soft cup the other day and panicked I'd damaged swimmers .... If you look hard enough on the Internet you can find any answer you want so don't listen to me xx

Last edited:
Thats what put me of soy aswell blanco id read that it could do the opposite im such a worrier when takin anything new lol xx

Me too even a bloody soft cup because I read it for turned down as a fertility aid by the FDA ... I read that after I'd walked around with it for three hours haha x

Don't worry I have done lots of reading about it myself and taken all things into consideration! For me it gives better quality and more EWCM, I get definite ov pains, I ov on CD14 and in the 14 months i have been ttc I have used soy 3 times - and 2 of those resulted in bfp! they were not sticky beans, and the second one was a chemical as it implanted at 10/11dpo and I only have a 12 day luteul phase! so AF started before my body realised it shouldn't!

sounds like it suits you I want3 I think it has the same reputation for multiples :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back