What can OH & I do to spend time together?

SpinSugar

Reaction score
Last night he wanted to 'do something together' but his only suggestion was watch a film. I HATE films, and when I'm tired its the last thing I want to do! They take soooo much energy and concentration, and I always have vivid dreams after watching a film which I really don't need right now...

So basically Hubby made me feel awful last night. I've worked 3 long very stressful days and he's had a week off.

So he started shouting saying I'm so boring and useless, all I want to do after work is stay in and watch TV, we can't do anything cos I'm pregnant etc etc...it ended up with him going off grumbling about going to find his own fun and do his own thing from now on!

So I guess trying to relax and take it easy from working full time in the evenings is no longer an option in my 3rd tri lol.

What can we do in the evenings? I suggested swimming but we had both just eaten, I can't bowl and walking isn't easy for me anymore :-( I've offered to go to the pub or down town with him but he just snaps because 'its not the same if your not drinking too'

I need ideas!! Help!

Xx

Any beaches or nice plaes to go for a stroll?
The weather isnt the best again atm mind.. But hopefully itll get a bit nicer!
Maybe a nice meal? Hmmm...

We always end up at the cinema lol! X

I'm on my feet a lot during the day so walking is difficult for me in the evening as I have a lot if pelvic pain, plus it was tipping it down last night!

I live next to the sea so there are some lovely walks which is a big shame.

The thought of the cinema fills me with anxiety, id just annoy everyone as I can't get comfortable in one position lol. Plus I really don't like films...cinemas are too loud and dark lol!

Xx

We are film lovers and used to go most weekends but 2/3wks ago was out last trip there lol. Ive got pgp aswell and i was soooo uncomfortable lol. Said to him sorry we r calling it a day!
And with 2wks till my duedate im scared id go into labour paha!

We have nothing much to do together either thats not either guna cost money or involve walking haha! Xx

If my OH had said that to me at 31 weeks preggers he'd have most likely got a wallop! Of course you are 'no fun' you are heavily pregnant!

If he thinks you are no fun now hun wait until the baby arrives... We didn't have a do anything just the two of us until James was 6 months :shock:

How is your appetite? I loved my food so going out to eat when preggers was a treat (that way your OH can have a few glasses of wine?)

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Yeah defo go out for food! Try new places, little pubs and nice restaurants. Once baby is here ul not get a minute to urself lol x
Bit harsh of him to say that to u tho, I love bein boring right now, if ur on ur feet all day then why the hell shouldn't u just sit down and chill out in the evenings. Cheeky sod!

Xxx

I know what you mean about films. I'm not a huge film lover either but hubby is a massive film lover andloves crling up on the sofa fogether to watch a film. He knows full well I'll fall asleep and can't sit still, but while we're making the most of having time to just chill out together, I tend to just let him pick a film or tv program and curl up with him anyway. We tend to have saturday night pizza and ice cream in front of the box hehe very boring but it means we get peaceful time together. We even played cards thr other night when there wasn't anything on. Maybe a games night with some fun food n treats, get him some beers n yourself a bottle of alcohol free wine or beers so he doesn't feel like he's drinking alone and make an evening of it!

We used to go to a pub quiz every week, sometimes just us but mostly with other couples or family. OH didnt mind drinking then because there was always someone else not drinking as they were designated driver xxx

my advice would be to grab some munchies, and go to bed and watch telly!! Just talk, cuddle and enjoy just being the two of you. I know you said you hate films, but chick flicks or rom coms are light and easy to watch? You should watch "what to expect when you are expecting!". Its for men too, my hubby thought it was quite funny

or download the entire first series of One Born Every Minute, and watch that together (in bed).

Or even just go out for dinner and have a nice gentle stroll after (saves you cooking!)

you really need to enjoy just being you two just now. Sounds to me like Hubby is already getting jealous of the baby. They are like children you know. They get jealous too! haha

oh no :( it's hard isn't it! who knew drinking played such a big part in having fun?!?!

I'm the same at the moment and we've started having friends round for tea and going to theirs etc..

I love cooking and making a fuss so I think of it like a come dine with me haha

- have you decorated babys room? we really enjoyed doing that together
- walks
- going out for food once a week, you drive and let him have a few drinks
- if you dont like films.. how about a box set? Im hooked on several series at the moment and great thing is the episodes dont last long so if you get bored put something else on!
- on the weekends take a trip somewhere? we had a picnic recently and going to a wildlife park. (depending on weather of course)

xxxx

my advice would be to grab some munchies, and go to bed and watch telly!! Just talk, cuddle and enjoy just being the two of you. I know you said you hate films, but chick flicks or rom coms are light and easy to watch? You should watch "what to expect when you are expecting!". Its for men too, my hubby thought it was quite funny

or download the entire first series of One Born Every Minute, and watch that together (in bed).

Or even just go out for dinner and have a nice gentle stroll after (saves you cooking!)

you really need to enjoy just being you two just now. Sounds to me like Hubby is already getting jealous of the baby. They are like children you know. They get jealous too! haha

This is exactly what we do, watch a movie together in bed snuggled up with a bag of munchies. Cheap, comfy and you don't have to get dressed up lol x

See if any of your local pubs do a quiz night, that's fun reg of drinking or not, and can be cheap ours is 1 pound entry each every weds. Also how about board games night, invite friends around play trivial persuit,risk, articulate balderdash etc always a good laugh. Also how about seeing if there is a top golf in your area? Like bowling but for golf you stand on driving range n hit the balls n it tells u electronically what your scores are its got various large holes to get it into and I mean like a meter wide, so even if u don't like golf it's fun. Also how about something like sorting old hol snaps into Albums together or playing a computer game on console if you have one? A two player can be fun n doesn't have to be racing or shooting these days there are loads of diff types of games ranging from Wii bowling to singing ones. How about a day trip somewhere make a picnic and go to riverside and can have food together walk if able and if not lie down n read or chill together. Massage is always nice to do ar home for each other too. Maybe go to Ikea etc and have a look around if anything you need or want? Another thing is to invite friends over just for dinner even and cook or bake together in kitchen that can be nice.

Ohh also see if any local bands playing or if theatres have any fun am dram productions on you could go to cheaply xx

This is exactly what we do, watch a movie together in bed snuggled up with a bag of munchies. Cheap, comfy and you don't have to get dressed up lol x

This is what we do! They are called 'late film nights' we get some Doritos and dip, chocolate etc and it's really nice xx

How about him learning a bit of 'how to foot massage and relax a stressed pregnant woman' lol.

We try to go out to dinner once every 6 weeks and we regularly watch a film together (which is not a useful suggestion for you if you don't like films...) or go for walks. My OH wants to go for a couple of long weekends away before bubs arrives too, down near the coast or something, maybe you could do something similar? We are also going for a tour of Old Trafford soon, he is a big footy fan lol x

If my OH had said that to me at 31 weeks preggers he'd have most likely got a wallop! Of course you are 'no fun' you are heavily pregnant!

If he thinks you are no fun now hun wait until the baby arrives... We didn't have a do anything just the two of us until James was 6 months :shock:

How is your appetite? I loved my food so going out to eat when preggers was a treat (that way your OH can have a few glasses of wine?)

xxxxxxx

I was about to say the same, what does he realistically think is going to happen in the evening when baby is here?! I would kill to have an evening chilling out in front of the telly! Instead my evenings are a mad dash of trying to have tea, getting the jobs done around the house, putting LO to bed and then collapsing in a heap at 9pm!!

We try to go out to dinner once every 6 weeks and we regularly watch a film together (which is not a useful suggestion for you if you don't like films...) or go for walks. My OH wants to go for a couple of long weekends away before bubs arrives too, down near the coast or something, maybe you could do something similar? We are also going for a tour of Old Trafford soon, he is a big footy fan lol x

We live on the coast - we really should make more of it tbh!
I love the idea of going away. I was gonna say we can't as hubby works 2/4 weekends...but maybe we can go somewhere when I'm on mat leave (just brought it forward whoop whoop! Now going at 36 weeks) good plan batman!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back