what can i take....

Loula

Reaction score
so ive woken up thismorning feeling like ive swallowed razor blades and i seem to have a cough.

Is there anything i can get or should i go to a doctor and get prescribed x

i had a cold a week after christmas, i rang the midwife and she said try lemon and honey for the throat. I had freshly squeesed orange juice each day and my cold went quicker then before pregnancy where is used to loads of cold and flu tablets! xxx plus make sure you get lots of rest! x hope you fell better soon x

Ok so now its gone to full blown cold and i just feel very stuffy, i know theres alot of controversy but is vicks safe to use or anything else that might unblock my nose, is driving my crazy x

I have used vicks when I was last pregnant but was told it has something in it bad for the baby. Plus I'm diabetic so can't have honey and lemon in hot water x

I found lots fo sleep, keep fluids up and rest. Helps x

It might be a bit late if you're cold has already come out, but in the Boot's parenting magazine they recommend their own brand Nasal defence spray, they say it's safe during pregnancy & breastfeeding.
Hope you're feeling better soon!

oooh i have that so i will look and try and get something on wednesday, can currently only breathe through one nostril havent had this for years x

Oh it's rubbish isn't it. And harder to get rid of a cold when you're pregnant because your body is more interested in looking after baby. I hope that stuff works and you're feeling better soon hon :hug:

Me too, a day under the covers would cover it but it wont happen anytime soon. Makes you feel really rubbish but as long as bubs is ok x

Hey :) I lnow how crap ur feeling I had it recently. I drank,plently of hiney nd kemin but dr also said I cud uswe vicks nd some olbus oil in the bath xxx

I had a horrible cold over christmas and new year. The chemist said it was okay to use paracetomol to reduce fever, and albas oil to try and help me breathe. Other than that, a hot water bottle and lots of rest. Apparently our immune systems are a lot lower during pregnancy, and my sister in law said that baby takes a lot of the goodness from food first (not sure how true that is!)

Well after I was up all night unable to breathe I resorted to vicks n will use it later on x

For soar throats you dr can prescribe linctus free syrup. I think you can buy it overthe counter too.

I went to asda chemist on way home from work and asked them if there was anything i could take and she said i wouldnt give it to you anyways because your pregnant, gonna try somewhere else tomorrow because i am proper feeling sorry for myself and getting frustrated at this blocked nose and unable to breathe. its soo draining and i feel so bad on the bubba x

Do try somewhere else, that happened me in boots and i just cried in the car on the way home feeling like shit, distracted my boyfriend so much he crashed my car into another car .. I cleared it wit doctor i was so angry and she said its fine, she had a baby 5 months ago and shes a doctor so i took her advice over the pharmacists :) Its awful cause u feel like ur doing something illegal its like being 16 trying to buy alcohol all over again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back