What can I do?

rheannymac

Reaction score
Ever since Harry's been trying to crawl he's been waking up a lot in the night cos he's rolled onto his tummy, I know it's just him practising in his sleep and stuff but he ends up getting agitated or properly waking himself up so I have to go through. The past 3/4 nights have been horrendous with him waking up every hour and me having to go through. Tonight has been in a whole different league. I've literally had about an hour sleep between having to go through and flip him back over. Each time I've gone trough he's been up on his hands & knees trying to crawl. It's at the point I'm so exhausted I'm in tears. I know it's probably something I'm just gonna have to deal with for the time being but does anyone have any suggestions before I go mental?

Awe love :/ big hugs. What about putting him on his tummy to sleep or would he not like that? Other than that I have no idea but im sure someone will xxxxxx

tapatalking

No idea how much is this true or helpful but I read somewhere the other days that baby's are having troubles when they start crawling, sitting up or standing because they don't know how to lay down by themselves.
That article was advising when you put them down for naps, bedtime to put them in the cot, sitting, standing or whatever they have problems with and help them and show them how to lay down and they eventually learn how to do it.
Also if its not too cold can you put him in bed only with a best ad pajamas to maybe help him figure out how to do it as probably he gets a bit tangled in his sleeping bag?
I hope it will get better very soon.
Maybe you manage to nap today when he goes down for a nap?

Aww Hun that sounds tough, I hope you managed to get some sleep in the end :-( I remember when my LO began rolling (rolling is as close to crawling as he can manage lol) and he would whinge when he got stuck on his tummy. It didn't last long though, within a few nights he had mastered how to roll back! Now he goes into a sitting position from his back and it took a couple of nights to work out how to lie back down! X

Thanks girls. I eventually got to sleep properly at about 4am after OH took the monitor into the living room and he slept on the couch. I would LOVE to have a nap today but I'm a bridesmaid at a wedding and I'm not sure how great the photos would look with me snoring away in the background lol!
Hope, he's already out of sleeping bag cos it gets so hot in our flat as its fully insulated. I'm hoping its just a wee phase and he will work out how to roll back over onto his back.
I'm so exhausted :-( xxx

We went through exactly the same thing with Ethan.. I found that not putting him in a sleeping bag made it worse as it was easier for him to try to crawl in his cot etc and he was really unsettled. Could you try putting him in a 0.5 tog sleeping bag and see if that helps?
xx

The only time I left James out of a sleeping back he thrashed about all night like he was in a Jaws movie!

He was thrashing about is his sleep and at one point he was asleep with his legs in the air :shock:

So I bought some 1 and 0.5 tog sleeping bags - Ebay are good for them!

xxxxxxxx

Amelie manages to move around the cot, stand and roll all night with a sleeping bag so that's not going to stop him if he is into rolling and crawling he he.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back