What can I do?

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Tyler is going through his 3 week growth spurt (I THINK!!) and is just constantly attached to me feeding, leaving me little time to even get food in the day and sleep at night. When I tell my OH this, his answer is (and to everything) 'why don't you just give him a bottle?' then gets offended when I snap no at him!

I've tried to explain about supply and demand but it goes in one ear and out the other! Just really annoys me!

More of a rant more than anything...

My friends oh used to make her some sandwiches and foods that can be eaten whilst bf so she could just grab when she needed and keep feeding maybe ask ur oh if he could do that ? It does get easier xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

That would annoy me Hun, and totally understand how u feel. I breadtfed twins fully for a week before going combined and felt
Like they were permanently attached! So can see how your ohs response gets to you. Hopefully he will settle down in a few days I find the boys have little 48 spurts! Make sure u get something to eat though. Get ur oh to make u sandwiches and put in the fridge for when ur ready in the day! So at least ur getting something x

I had this around the three week mark from my hubby too at night because he was getting woken to, I got really annoyed with him but ignored him. Remind your OH the cost of formula and the nightmare of sterilizing and making up bottles with a screaming hungry baby, you will still get the nightmare days and nights however you feed your baby ask any bottle feeding mums! plus he will have to help with feeding at night then, that always shuts men up!

I made big batches of soup and flap jacks when I got five mins, still do as a baby still takes up a lot of your day at any age. I also have in lots of healthy snacks like fruit, yogurts, cereal bars etc so there is always something I can grab on those bad days. I often do chores while carrying Kynon if he won't settle although he's getting too heavy now!

Yup my OH was a bit like this when I had my first. Dont get me wrong he would do the odd bit of housework here & there & cooked sometimes but not all the time & i ended up just not eating. He worked full time, I soon got used to doing everything myself & by everything I really mean nothing, coz nothing got done. God I mind at one point not having a shower & washing my hair in 3 weeks. Breastfeeding is very hard work!!

:roll:

Totally understand, i pretty much didnt eat for 6 weeks and because LO was feeding every twenty mins and I wasnt eating, it caused my milk to dry up. If your OH isnt helping out, maybe you could get in some ready meals in, i know they are not ideal but a quick zapp in the microwave and its done. That way atleast our body is getting something. Hope thing get better!

How about you try breastfeeding in a sling?

Ever since I got my electric pump I've been expressing LOADS and it's worked like a charm for us. I was getting very frustrated, not being able to do anything, baby permanently attached to my chest. Didn't eat or drink enough, which probably wasn't great for milk production.

You could give it a go if you're getting too stressed/tired/have no time for yourself.

Last edited:
Oh Hun, sorry to hear that...hope it doesn't last too long. Your OH is not being kind with his response as if u really want to bf (like I do and am doing) u do need as much support as poss. That includes being looked after. I would tell him to start taking care of you more (prepare meals,snacks for you etc) as you are taking care of your babies needs so u r all fed and watered and he's actively involved in that. Get him to pull his thumb out!!

Well OH has just spent 4 days off with me and is a lot more sympathetic!
Tyler is still feeding a lot but I'm coping with it, I've also ordered an electric breast pump so might be able to share a few feeds to save my nipples as they are sore! Lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back