What brings on labour?

CDx

Reaction score
Ladies what worked for you?
I have a very fed up overdue SIL and I think she's tried pretty much everything but little miss is far too stubborn. So any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cx

Nothing worked for me. My son was overdue at 40+14 and born at +16. I tried everything! They'll arrive when they're ready.

Just tell her to try to relax and to put her feet up.

I also tried everything I could think of. The day I accepted I was overdue and may be induced, I went into labour having had a relaxing day and not stressed!!

I agree - they come along when they want! I didn't have a single labour symptom, no niggles etc, then bam! Contractions started two days before my due date. Didn't try any of the supposed tricks to bring it on but I'm not convinced they work!

I tried curry, walking, sex, bouncing on the ball, cleaning. Nothing. My little lady came when she was ready at 41+2

Nothing worked for me, I tried everything, hot curry every other day, raspberry leaf tea, DTD, bouncing on ball, baths, long walks, 3 failed sweeps and a 5 day induction then was geared up for a c section that afternoon and then she came in the space of 1 hour.

Last edited:
Nothing worked for me either!! They'll come when ready :)

Nowt worked for me either. It did eventually start at 40+6 but baby wasn't born until 40+9 (maybe don't tell your poor sil that!!)

X

Thanks ladies, she's tried everything got her first sweep today at 40+4. I feel for her she's exhausted. I can't imagine what it's like in the final days I was induced at 38 weeks and before labour could start naturally I was whisked off for a c-section so feel a bit helpless when she's asking for advice. I was given 2 sweeps then my heart went a bit mental so I've never even had a contraction x

Nothing worked for me. I was much more active with dd as had a toddler to run around after and she was only a few days late. Maybe keeping active helps?!

Nothing worked for me, I was induced 14 days over! I tried everything in the book... Just enjoy resting whilst you can and good luck hun xxx

CLARY SAGE Oil!! My god i used my aromatherapy oils a WEEK before i was due (this was my first and you usually ALWAYS run over) to kick start my body. Put some in the bath and rubbed some on my bump. Stupidly I used too much in the bath and BOOM early hours that night i got contractions. Seriously i swear i could bet my life on it this brought me on. Buy it! Ask your midwife it causes contractions. I was originally having a home birth, hence why i bought some. Let us know if it works!

Last edited:
The ones that try everything in my experience are the ones that have gone overdue

Late response and your SIL has possibly already had baby but I swear reflexology worked for me. Felt a twinge during session in same spot I felt my waters break the next night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back