What are your buggies / prams like to actually live with?

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Just wondering how you are all getting on with your buggies?

We still haven't made a decision on ours and I'm starting to get a bit panicky about it.

Its one thing testing one out in a shop, but its another thing to actually live with them.

What are yours like to lift/fold/move around the shops etc

Haven't put a baby in mine yet but my teddy likes it. We bought it home last weekend and we find that we can store it fine. It fitted into the car boot really easily and is lightweight. So far am pleased with it, plus the cat thinks its a new place to hide!!!! I have a Graco Quaottro one, have been wheeling it round the house but as soon as I get baby in it I will let you know how I find it x

FIRSTLY APOLOGIES FOR TYPING IN CAPS BUT I'M BREASTFEEDING SO ONLY HAVE ONE HAND AVAILABLE!!

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A NEW PUSHCHAIR AS ORIGINALLY I HAD A BRITAX TRAVEL SYSTEM WHICH HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE, TOO HEAVY AND IMPOSSIBLE TO GET ROUND THE SHOPS - I THINK THE TROUBLE WITH THE PUSHCHAIRS THAT DO EVERYTHING IS THAT THEY ARE NO GOOD AT THE BASICS I.E. A SAFE AND EFFICIENT WAY TO GET YOUR LITTLE ONE AND YOU OUT AND ABOUT. MY BABY IS 2 MONTHS OLD NOW AND I'VE JUST GOT A MCLAREN TECHNO XT (SUITABLE FROM BIRTH) AND THIS IS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT!! LIGHTWEIGHT, EASY TO MOVE AROUND, COMFY SEAT POSITIONS FOR THE BABY AND FOLDS UP TO NOTHING. I CAN'T BELIEVE I WASTED SO MUCH MONEY WHEN THIS DOES THE JOB REALLY WELL. I'D ALSO RECOMMEND A WEBSITE CALLED KIDDICARE.CO.UK WHICH SELLS THEM AT 108.00 WHICH IS ABOUT 60 QUID CHEAPER THAN ANYWHERE ELSE.

GOOD LUCK

Belle

Thank you so much for that reply. It has been extremely helpful as we have been looking at the Britax Travel system and the Maclaren Buggies and you have just cleared up what I already thought. Go for the Maclaren. They have bought out a new one called the Techno Classic (also suitable from birth) and it looks great and super-light.

Thank you so much for taking time to reply

Thanks for starting this thread. Has anyone bought the Mothercare New Atlan buggy? I'm looking at getting that one as it come with car seat too and seems very well priced for everything which comes with it. But the ease of it is a mystery.

Bought a Graco Expedition - good price £79 and very light which is good for me as I am out everyday with Dom, but the front wheel is fixed so it's hard to turn the buggy.

It's cheap and cheerful anyway - just like me ;)

I got an Urban Detour (or some name similar) from Mothercare. It was £100 special offer and suitable from birth. My friend has a baby 4 days older than Reece and she bought a Graco 3 in 1 pram for over £400 and she says now whenever we out together that she wishes she went on style more than price (her mother-in-law was buying so she picked one of the most expensive) because Reece always looks so much more comfortable than her baby does.

We bought a Graco LiteRider travel system. The infant carseat locks right on top of it. We're very pleased with it, unfolds and folds up easy, but it still feels sturdy.

We got the Mothercare New Atlan Travel system, was £160 and came with car seat, car seat bracket to fit to your car, cosy toes, rain cover and change bag. It's light and easy to push and manouver, really pleased with it :) Car seat clips straight into the buggy easily and the normal buggy is great too and has such a soft fleece covering and lining.

Ilove my buggy, I thought it would be heavy to push as it has a removable toddler seat at the front for my 2yr old Lucy but it's fine plus megan is sheltered well by her sister i havn't had to use the rain cover yet but i'm not sure if Lucy will like it :?

to be honest i cant stand buggy and we tend to carry alana if were in and out of the car. only if im walking the dog do i used a buggy. i have one 3 wheeler for walks in the forest and a normal 4 wheeler with handle bars to hang shopping on :lol:

3 wheeler is a gracco expeditdition (sp?)
4 wheeler is chicco pt 0.4 and its brill

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back