What are you using as your hospital bag?

Summergurl

Reaction score
I currently have a suitcase (hand luggage size) which has all of baby's stuff in and the majority of mine.

I still have stuff to go in last minute like my bras & maxi dresses, iPad, Chargers, phones, snacks & camera but it's full! I'm going to need another bag. I fear I'll look like I've taken wayyyyy too much??

Last time I used a holdall bag for my stuff and harpers changing bag for her bits. I'll probably do the same this time. X

I've tried putting the baby's stuff in the changing bag but cramming in a whole heap of nappies and blankets and everything else it just doesn't fit well! I think the oh will just have to take his rucksack and I'll take my case and we can share the load! Lol x

I know what you mean, I had to put nappies and other bits in my holdall as it all wouldn't fit in babies bag. This time I've gone for a bigger changing bag so hopefully it'll all fit in. Plus I wont be taking too much as ill opt for the 4-6 hour discharge again. I'm gonna have a spare bag packed and either at home or in my mums car (OH doesn't drive so pointless putting it in my car as it'll be at home..) just incase we do need to stay in longer so it'll have extra clothes etc but were lucky to live 10 min drive from the hospital so its easy enough for my parents to drop more stuff over if we need it. Xx

Ah snap roxy we live literally a 10 min drive from the hospital too (providing it's not rush hour!!) I hadn't even thought about anything else for if I have to stay in longer than a day!

It saves your OH rushing around, if he's anything like my OH and would pack the wrong stuff too lol. X

It's a very good idea!! I'll certainly be writing another list for that! X

I used wheely weekend case type and a small Holdall. I was induced so had to take in extra but was glad I had everything I needed. No extra trips back and forward.

This time I think I'll need less unless I need induced again, but hope to be imeddiately discharged so will take a wheely Weekender and baby's change bag.

I've got a small bag (which will also double as a changing bag) with stuff that's of immediate need during and just after labour, with stuff for me, baby and partner, but I also have a small wheelie case that I've packed in case we need to stay in which partner will leave in the car. He's also done a small cool bag with drinks and snacks for labour ;-)

I have attached a pic of my bags ( which are not done yet! ). The bigger cabin size one is for all the stuff for me and baby and the smaller changing bag has nappies, wipes, cotton wool etc. Not sure they allow 2 bags in the hospital though since on the website it only said one cabin size was allowed but not sure I can fit it all into the bigger one since things take more space than you think! Might just bring it all and leave the small one in car for oh to bring when I need.

Will you pack food and drinks already?

xx

bags.jpg

Last edited:
I may just put all of babies toiletries & mine in the changing bag then & clothes in my case. Yeah I'll be packing some food & drinks. So far I've packed just 1 bag of sweets. I'll be adding more tho! Lol x

With my son I used (and will be using again) a cabin sized suit case. It was ideal because it had a zip through the middle which meant I could put all babies stuff in one compartment and mine in the other. Also meant I could direct hubby to stuff rather than him rummaging around and messing it up lol.
It was £20 from primark.
I must admit though, the pack of nappies had to go in hubby's hospital bag along with any drinks and snacks packed for labour. So really we had 2, but te main stuff was in 'mine' x

I'm doing a small suitcase and baby's changing bag hopefully. Anything extra can stay in DH's car boot as he'll be leaving it parked in my work car park across the road from hospital (I work in our maintenance dept.). Sort of amusing as my brother was parked there on and off for almost a fortnight last summer whilst SiL was having my niece lol

I have packed like a gym bag type thing for all my stuff and baby blankets then the changing bag with nappies, muslins, wipes and clothes for the baby. I think partners need to pack a small bag too? Maybe with a change of clothes or something? Xx

Yeah on oh list I have food, drinks, money, phone, charger, kindle, change of clothes. I'm always amazed how men can pack so light!

Don't mind if I borrow that list do ya summergurl? lol I didn't think of food and drinks, I think I will take bottled water or something... god I don't think of anything! I guess money will be needed lol and yeah I will charge up the Ipad and take that too! And he can take some clothes and maybe a wash kit in case he gets covered in crap lol xx

Don't you get nappies at the hospital? We don't need any toiletries, wipes, nappies... for the baby, just clothes. I will be taking our own sleeping bag in case we have to stay the night, I like that better than hospital blankets.

Ha course not Lexi, food is the top of the list so he can keep occupied! :rofl:

For I'm not sure. I just assumed you have to take your own. I need to ask about formula though do I need to take my own sterilised bottles & formula? X

We had to take nappies and toiletries Flo to our hospital.

Summer I took bottles and premade formula last time but the hospital provided it so didn't use it. I believe it goes by each hospital but by the sounds of it most hospitals provide formula xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back