What are the dangers of taking Agnus Castus when you conceive?

Katkin72

Reaction score
Can anyone help me on this one? I have read several times that its not good to take Agnus castus once you have conceived, but even though I've googled it and done loads of searching on the Internet, I can't find out why!! I am starting to worry as I am currently TTC and started taking Agnus Castus when I came of my Cerazette tablets in the hope my periods would return to a regular pattern quickly. Should I keep taking it, and should I take it every day or just at certain times in my cycle?? I am sooooooo confused and don't want to do anything to jeopardise my chances of conceiving a healthy baby! I am starting to think I should stop taking it just to be safe....... Any advice will be greatly received, thank you xxx

You should stop taking AC once you have ovulated. I spoke to a lady in holland and Barrett about it and she said she thought that it could cause developmental issues in baby layer on??? That's why I didn't try AC, I was never sure when I ov'd xx

You should stop taking AC once you have ovulated. I spoke to a lady in holland and Barrett about it and she said she thought that it could cause developmental issues in baby layer on??? That's why I didn't try AC, I was never sure when I ov'd xx

Eeeekkk, thank you Cosmicgirl - think I will stop taking it till my periods start getting into some kind of pattern!! Don't want to do any damage without realising it. Having stopped smoking, I don't want to take something that can also do damage to my baby when I conceive :shock:

I've been taking AC since may / June last year and I haven't had any problems with it, it's a herb that helps balance your hormones.

It totally depends on how much you take as well. I have never cone across anything that says it's dangerous or harmful.

If you took 500mg a day (which is normally one herbal tablet) then you can take that throughout your cycle. I started they then went to 1500mg to ovulation.

The negative of taking AC is if you have a regular cycle it can make it worse. It takes a few months to actually make any difference if at all really. If your worried don't take it at all. I would never advocate anyone with concerns about things like that to even start taking them.

Good luck getting your bfp :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back