What are the chances?

Julia

Reaction score
I know this sounds very negative, but does anyone know the risk of anything going wrong at this stage in a pregnancy? (I am coming up to 14 weeks). I feel absolutely fine, but I was just wondering. If something had gone wrong, would you know? I know this is a really depressive post but I am still a little nervous and need reassurance if possible. Had my scan and I have seen the heartbeat etc... I am just sooooo overjoyed and looking forward to it soooo much but I am affraid of being devastated. Sorry to be so morbid!

Hi there!!

You have come to 14 weeks and that is GREAT!!!! Your scan shows everything to be fine - awsome

You started your second Trimested at the end of 12 weeks. Usually the 1st trimester is the time to be on guard.

I can understand that you are questioning it all, and nervous that something can happen, I am sure you will be fine now. Be sure not to over stress both physically (lifting etc.) and mentally, YOGA can be great if you have the opportunity.

Wishing you a BIG congrats on being pregnant, believe in me this is one of the coolest things ever!! I can't wait to be a mum.

Tineke

Thanks for your comforting words, Tineke. I think that everyone has stresses at different times of their pregnancy - and some all the way through (like me)!. I am much more relaxed that I was. You are right, perhaps Yoga would help...hadn't thought of that. My friend goes on a Thursday, so maybe I will join her and just let the instructor know that I am pregnant (if it makes a difference, I don't know?)
You have made me feel much better, thanks very much for your reply xxx
I hope everything goes well for you!

Hi Julia

I remember feeling really anxious upto my 13 wk scan and then feeling the relief when I saw my wee baby moving about on screen, I thought after the scan I would feel a bit more at ease but at about 15 wks I began to get anxious again - I think this was because it seemed more than the 2wks it had been since my scan and felt like ages until my next midwife appt and I didn't have a bump and didn't have any nausea and my boobs weren't sore any more.

Now that I've a wee bump and can feel the baby move I get more reassurance on a daily basis although to be honest I do still worry quite a bit about everything being ok.

Sorry, I don't know the stats - just wanted to let you know you're not alone!

Lucy
22 + 5

Thanks Lucy

I don't think that something would go wrong without me knowing...I am sure that I would have terrible cramping and bleeding. Due to the size of the baby, I am sure I wouldn't miss the symptoms. It is also unusual to hear of many problems after week 12/13. I am trying to reassure myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back