What are the chances of anything going wrong at this stage?

Julia

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I have just watched a programme on Sky TV about a lady who had previously miscarried at 22 weeks. I know I should have turned it off but I couldn't! She was pregnant again and had to have a stitch put in her cervix to try and prevent another m/c. I am nearly 21 weeks pregnant and wonder if there are any signs of problems with the cervix that would show up now.....anyone have any info? I just can't wait for 25+ weeks when I know if the baby was delivered it would have a chance of survival...anyone else feel like this?

Stop worrying!! everything will be fine! things like that are rare and those programmes are designed to scare pregnant woman i think!!! :wink: i was like that too when pregnant watched all these programmes and nothing ever seemed to go right in them!!! like you say though you cant help but watch them!
Just try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy! :D

Hi Julia
I understand your worries, however, your cervix would have been measured at your first scan and any probs would have been noted. Your chances are so much lower of having a m/c at the point of your pregnancy. It's easy to worry and I'm still worrying some days!!! My friend had a perfectly good pregnancy, but baby was stillborn at 34 weeks! What I've learned from that is that there are NO guarantees in this life. We have to cherish our time with what we have and what we're experiencing. Worrying about the unknown is wasting valuable time. We can't control every event and that's what helps me have a positive outlook. Don't get me wrong - I am the world's worst worrier, but I've learned to draw a line.
Please don't stress over things - if you're that worried, speak to your midwife and ask her to have a nosey at your cervix, etc.
Good luck with your pregnancy!!!!
Emilia xx :wink:

When you get to 22 weeks you have a 97% chance of a full term pregnancy so you have no need to worry. I was the same too and that is what my doctor said to me. You'll be fine!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

stephlw25 said:
Stop worrying!! everything will be fine! things like that are rare and those programmes are designed to scare pregnant woman i think!!! :wink: i was like that too when pregnant watched all these programmes and nothing ever seemed to go right in them!!! like you say though you cant help but watch them!
Just try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy! :D

i agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back