Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Ask a Mum!' started by Katy, Jan 5, 2008.
I think it depends on the reason behind your other section.
I had 3 natural births, then an emergency section with my 4th, as she was distressed.
I have been given a choice this time, I can either have an elective section or a vbac.
If you google VBAC there is tons of info.
im in the same situation as you, and was thinking im defo having another section, but after reading about VBAC's and the extra risks of sections the 2nd time around, im going to try and labour normally, but ive decided i wont be induced as theres a higher risk of uterine rupture as the contracted are too forced and often to close together.
I got told last time that they wouldnt induce me as I had a previous section. My second section was a sodding nightmare and I will move heaven and earth not to have a third.
ohh i been told they may induce but only allow labour to go on for 6 - 10 hours??
my wound ruptured last time after about 2 months, and i come across some pics of ruptured wounds earlier and gave me the final straw to try and avoid section this time
I haven't had a c-section, but as far as I'm aware its not a reason to stop you having a successful homebirth, and you always have the final say anyway, its your body, baby and birth, do what feels right and safe for you. The only issue is that your scar could rupture, which is a serious concern, which in turn would mean you may need another c-section, which obviously would be done quicker if you were in a hospital. These links will help;
Very best wishes
they told me they wouldnt consider a home birth and even at the hospital if I had went for a vaginal birth they wouldnt have allowed me to have a water birth as I would be in the consultancy led part of the maternity unit not the midwife led part.
I think they were feeding me a load of crap tbh.
Im not leaving the house this time, im bloody staying outside in my hot tub and giving birth in there.
yeah ive also been told i cant have water birth etc, but infact u can tell em where to go and do what u want.
i hate the way they dictate and most just seem to listen. when u go into labour just stay at home and phone them once its too late to move you hehe
i recently moved after having a c section, near by there is a midwife run maternity hospital that is absolutly fantastic, but they are limited of pain relief and cant do sections. I've been toldthey wont let me go there as i'm high risk for a section. I have to go 30 miles in the oposite direction where i can give birth naturaly if i want (trail by scar) but have the facilities for a section if needed.
I know some people dont want to be dictated to - but after experiencing how fast things can go wrong (we wouldnt have made it to the hospital in time) i am happy to listen to all the advice the hospital wil give me.
I would say just use the links above and any other sites that explain what could happen if your scar ruptured, because otherwise, you could labour naturally just fine Is the MW lead unit not near the main hospital? No they are not equipped like a hospital but you could be moved should anything arise? Very best wishes Laura, hope you get a safe and comfy birth wherever you labour
thats just it redshoes, the two bits are right next to each other. So if something went wrong then it was just a case of down the corridor.
They made such a pigs ear of my section the last time though, I was left to come home with an open wound which was packed every day for roughly 3 months.
its good to see everyones experiences.
so long as the C section was not medical complication then you can go one to have normal births, mine C section was because he was breech he is also now two. my next one is due in April and I was told I could have a normal birth. But unfortunatly at the moment my placenta is low so I may have to have another C section. But to be honest I would still have my baby in the hospital because it is alot of pressure on the scar (I can feel it being sore already!)
But you can go on and have a perfectly normal birth!
My sil had a c.section for number one baby and a vb for her second without any problems
If that's the case, then tell them you want MW lead and will move if necessary, surely that's acceptable? Just because you've had a c-section, they cannot disallow you the right of any other Mummy going to give birth at MW lead Obviously if you needed moving then it would need to be done quickly and the closer the better, but it would be a lot safer for everyone concerned if you were at MW lead, and they should definitely accept that as your choice. You'll have to keep me posted on what happens, if you don't mind I was so close to c-section with Isaac, I cried my eyes out when they suggested it, thankfully it didn't get that far so I can half understand how you must feel with wanting this one naturally and at home, as we too wanted Isaac at home.