what age would i stop ttc

jodie34

Reaction score
Hey ladies just sat thinking about my situation and ttc , im 36 next month and im wondering how long to still carry on ttc , has anybody else thought about it and thought if by ?? Im going to give up xx

Hi Jodie, I'm only 29 so don't know how I'd feel but look at Caprice she's just got pregnant for the first time at 41 and Halle berry is pregnant and she's 46 so I just think its all about how you feel. Plenty of woman are still having babies at your age and older. Good luck xxx

It dont think it matters you'll know yourself, anyway lets not think that way as next month will be the month :)

I just wondered what other people thought , tje title meant to say'' wen would u stop ttc '' bloody touch screen phone lol, ive no plans on giving up anytime soon im a stubborn sod lol

I think it's personal for everyone....I would stop at 35, just because that is my cutoff....plus I have a strong family history of VERY early menopause (in mid to late thirties) and cervical cancer history...so I guess I figure I'll either go through menopause and not be able to get pregnant and I have a fear of getting pregnant and having a cancer diagnosis at the same time.....perhaps I'm just paranoid though...

I have many friends that have conceived in their late thirties or early forties and I think it is a personal choice for everyone, I'd say keep trying until YOU feel like it's time to quit, don't let anyone dictate that choice!

i am 35......had my first at 27! I just keep in mind that my Nan was 42 when she had my uncle :)

I was 36 when I fell pregnant, now I have an 8 month old and I'm 37! We would like more children so we will try again.

My mum had me when she was 39!! So try as long as you feel you want to.

xx

Age is just a number.
Like the others have said its all a personal choice.
I'm nearly 34 and hubby nearly 38 and we're ttc our first and we defo want more than 1.
I'm never want to give up my dream if being a Mummy, for some it just takes longer than other.

Keep your chin up sweetie xx

Was talking to dh earlier and said i never want to stop teyin even if it takes another 10 years his reply but i will be 52 my answer so what haha , im not giving up yet im planning on tryin till im to knarckered to dtd anymore lol xx

Agree as above - it's all about how you feel rather than a number.

Had my LO at 41 and at 43 am TTC No.2

Yes I appreciate that 'things' maybe slower now so I try no to get too hung up on TTC!!

When I had my last MC the consultant had a good look at my ovaries during a scan and declared they were like the ovaries of a 20 year old!!!

So I do have some hope!!

Its personal choice huni but I personally think 45 at the latest! Your still a spring chicken :) xxx

I also agree its totally upto you x I know people who had children in there early and middle 40s and have 22-23 year age gaps from there first 2 children. Xx

I shall keep trying for now, had my ds at 36 and been trying for another on off for a year if I got pregnant this month I will be almost 39 when I give birth. Would love another before Im 40 tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back