what age would i stop ttc

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by jodie34, Jul 18, 2013.

1. jodie34

jodie34 Well-Known Member

Hey ladies just sat thinking about my situation and ttc , im 36 next month and im wondering how long to still carry on ttc , has anybody else thought about it and thought if by ?? Im going to give up xx

2. Cosmogirl7

Cosmogirl7 Well-Known Member

Hi Jodie, I'm only 29 so don't know how I'd feel but look at Caprice she's just got pregnant for the first time at 41 and Halle berry is pregnant and she's 46 so I just think its all about how you feel. Plenty of woman are still having babies at your age and older. Good luck xxx

3. minniemaker

minniemaker Well-Known Member

It dont think it matters you'll know yourself, anyway lets not think that way as next month will be the month :)

4. jodie34

I just wondered what other people thought , tje title meant to say'' wen would u stop ttc '' bloody touch screen phone lol, ive no plans on giving up anytime soon im a stubborn sod lol

5. minniemaker

minniemaker Well-Known Member

Im nearly 36 too, although i feel 21 still haha!

6. FrecklesMcGee

FrecklesMcGee Well-Known Member

I think it's personal for everyone....I would stop at 35, just because that is my cutoff....plus I have a strong family history of VERY early menopause (in mid to late thirties) and cervical cancer history...so I guess I figure I'll either go through menopause and not be able to get pregnant and I have a fear of getting pregnant and having a cancer diagnosis at the same time.....perhaps I'm just paranoid though...

I have many friends that have conceived in their late thirties or early forties and I think it is a personal choice for everyone, I'd say keep trying until YOU feel like it's time to quit, don't let anyone dictate that choice!

7. Iwant3

Iwant3 Well-Known Member

i am 35......had my first at 27! I just keep in mind that my Nan was 42 when she had my uncle :)

8. kedi376

kedi376 Well-Known Member

I was 36 when I fell pregnant, now I have an 8 month old and I'm 37! We would like more children so we will try again.

My mum had me when she was 39!! So try as long as you feel you want to.

xx

9. MelC2011

MelC2011 Well-Known Member

Age is just a number.
    Like the others have said its all a personal choice.
    I'm nearly 34 and hubby nearly 38 and we're ttc our first and we defo want more than 1.
    I'm never want to give up my dream if being a Mummy, for some it just takes longer than other.

Keep your chin up sweetie xx

10. jodie34

Was talking to dh earlier and said i never want to stop teyin even if it takes another 10 years his reply but i will be 52 my answer so what haha , im not giving up yet im planning on tryin till im to knarckered to dtd anymore lol xx

11. Cazza

Cazza Well-Known Member

Agree as above - it's all about how you feel rather than a number.

Had my LO at 41 and at 43 am TTC No.2

Yes I appreciate that 'things' maybe slower now so I try no to get too hung up on TTC!!

When I had my last MC the consultant had a good look at my ovaries during a scan and declared they were like the ovaries of a 20 year old!!!

So I do have some hope!!

12. Beckyb1991

Beckyb1991 Well-Known Member

Its personal choice huni but I personally think 45 at the latest! Your still a spring chicken :) xxx

13. Mummy2toddler

Mummy2toddler Well-Known Member

I also agree its totally upto you x I know people who had children in there early and middle 40s and have 22-23 year age gaps from there first 2 children. Xx

14. Sarah13

Sarah13 Well-Known Member

I shall keep trying for now, had my ds at 36 and been trying for another on off for a year if I got pregnant this month I will be almost 39 when I give birth. Would love another before Im 40 tho.