What age should they be coming off bottles?

Snappykat

Reaction score
Title says it all really, my boys are still on 2 big bottles a day and just wondered when I should be trying to get them off them and moving onto cups?

I tried to get my son to use sippy cups for some drinks from when he was weaning and gave no bottles at all after 1.

Im trying now my lo is 11 months I wish I did it earlier tho.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

When weaning we gave Sebastian drinks in a sippy cup but he still had milk feeds in a bottle until he was 11 months old and we just went cold turkey on the bottle and straight to sippy cup. We gave him a different cup for his milk and it took about a week for him to really take to it (he didn't cry or anything for the bottles he just didn't drink a lot of milk for a week but was soon back on form) xx

My lo is 16 months and has one a day at night with part of bedtiem routine. I have tried to offer it to him in a cup but he wont drink it, i dont see the problem really, it doesnt bother me at all.

My LO still has one a day. She point blank refuses to drink milk from anything other than a bottle so I have to give her a bottle at night so at least she gets some! Any other drink is from a cup or sippy cup thought.

I dont see the problem with it tbh. I view it as a comfort thing and she loves it so Id feel a bit mean. I also still hold her like a little baby when she has it at night so its our extra little bonding time :blush:

My LO still has one a day. She point blank refuses to drink milk from anything other than a bottle so I have to give her a bottle at night so at least she gets some! Any other drink is from a cup or sippy cup thought.

I dont see the problem with it tbh. I view it as a comfort thing and she loves it so Id feel a bit mean. I also still hold her like a little baby when she has it at night so its our extra little bonding time :blush:

I still do that too! Its so hard to get cuddles nowadays that i make the most of every opportunity lol

I think I stopped all bottles completely just before 2 with Grace, my MIL would have happily let her carry on but I felt that was the right time and she was happy with that :)

With my daughter I think I managed it get rid when she was just over 2 and it was a nightmare, she literally begged for a bottle, it was heart wrenching. To be honest I can't go through that again let alone with 2......

J was about 10-11 months old and we just gave him a sippy cup/beaker thing one day instead of a bottle and never gave him another one! he would take juice/squash/water out of it easily but got confused by the bilk haha! but we didnt 'back down' and within a few days he was fine! x

The hv asked if i was trying o on cups when I saw her Friday! To be fair I use avent bottles and they have the handles u add in to your bottles and then the spoutsto replace the teats to change them into cups. So the handles r in his water bottle but he hasn't figured out what to do with it yet lol

Tegan was 11 months old when i swapped milk from bottle to cup for a few days she wouldn't drink much milk but after that she was fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back