What age / how quick - direct link?

PinkPunch

Reaction score
I was wondering how easy you found it to conceive your first child depending on your age. Would you mind doing a quick poll to see if the the results follow a pattern or not?

Just a bit of fun really :cheer:

Hope the answers don't confuse you :think:

17 and I got caught on the pill first time (3 months) and 1 month with Harrison who was planned :cheer:

Still trying to conceive number one so can't really answer. although for reference I'm 31 in two weeks and I'm in month 6

i concieved my first within 4 months after the doctor told me i may never have a child. This time its taken me over a year so far :wall:

First - accidentally - one broken condom and only 3 or so cycles a year - at 18

Second....well mc in August was about 6 tries in - age 33

still here :roll:

me 25 , dh 29 took 19 months active trying but 2.5 years off the pill :roll:

Age 42, came off the pill in May and 5 months later I got a BFP :cheer:

I voted: I was between 26-35 - It took more than 6 months

I was 26 and it took 28 months from coming off the pill to my BFP.

Edit: opps, I read the question wrong! I came off the pill at 26 and concieved at aged 28, 28 months later.

I was 33 and it happened 2nd month of trying

So looking at the results, in the 18-25 category.. people are 30% more likely to conceive within 6months.

In the 26-35 group, people are 6% more likely to conceive within 6 months and over 40's have a 50% chance either way.

Hope i've read the results properly.

Thanks ladies :D

I was 20 and it took 6 mths :D

I'm now 32 and on our 8th cycle TTC and still nothing :(

cant do the poll for my last one but I was 37 and it took a year. my other 3 I was 21, 23 and 25 and it took no more than 3 months :D

im 20 and conceived our first which sadly ended in m/c within 3 months and only took a month to concieve the bean im expecting now!

Chrissy1 said:
Still trying to conceive number one so can't really answer. although for reference I'm 31 in two weeks and I'm in month 6

Same here, still trying for my first. I'm 33 and am in month 9 of trying.

First was unplanned and i was 19 at the time
second took 4 months and i was 20
third i fell pg on the mini pill and that was 4 months after giving birth to my second and i was 21
forth was on the pill again and fell pg 7 months after having my third and i was 23
this time it took 5 months and i am 24 (this one was planned sortof)

With Isaac I was 29yrs old and it took just 6 weeks after coming straight off the pill, no lifestyle changes except OH took Zinc and Selenium and I kept my legs in the air for a good 15mins afterwards :D This time its taking a little longer, very best wishes :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back