What a kick in the teeth

candymycandy

Reaction score
Hi ladies

So I've had a mmc at 10wks and opted to mc naturally. Was hopeful this would just happen like my mc at 6wks and I'd just have a long period. How wrong I was :( Basically been in labour all day culminating in horrendous contractions in the bath earlier. Passed what I'm assuming was the sac in the bath then the toilet (sorry tmi). Luckily my lb was at nursery and my husband was home as I also passed out while in bath momentarily. Contraction stopped immediately after thankfully and just had period pains and bleeding remain. Sorry for tmi and essay, just having a pity party. As if it isn't crap enough already without the pain x

So sorry. I had a MC at 10 weeks. It wasn't that painful but I hemorrhaged seriously and was unwell for quite a long time. It seem so unfair to have a hard time physically when you have already been going through such an awful time emotionally. Hugs.

:hugs: i'm so sorry :( really sending thoughts and prayers to you right now x

Last edited:
Hi,

This happened to me on my 3rd miscarriage tested positive after for factor V Leiden blood clotting disorder. I have a daughter but want baby number two but finishing it hard dealing with fear of bleeding this heavy and losing consciousness again, I will have to have blood thinning injections daily this time which makes me even more scared of bad bleeds. I don't know what to decide for the best, I love my three year old with my soul and the thought of leaving her to get another child scared me so much. Sorry for what you've gone through today I can relate to the fear and sadness passing out is also horrific I felt as though I was losing a waterfall of blood and clots down the toilet next time minute I'm unconscious x

So sorry Candy, I remember feeling exactly as you were feeling. It all feels so unfair. You will get through this and although it doesn't seem a good thing I am pleased for you that you haven't had to wait a long time for it to happen. Thinking of you xxx

Hi Candy gutted to read you've had a MMC, I've had two MMC's but as I'm based in Ireland both times I have had a D&C at the request of my consultant. I think they should have let you know that at 10weeks there is much more to pass. Make sure they scan you to make sure everything has passed. Get as much rest as you can, sending you a big hug xxx

I'm so sorry for what you have had to go through.
I had to pass two sacs (I'm not sure what happened there!) and suppose I was lucky in that I got intense cramps but that was it. However, I still have something left in my right tube, so hoping I'm not going to have to go through it all again.

If you ever need to vent, just come on here, everyone has been very supportive xx

Thanks ladies so much for your kind words and support it means a lot. Seems it wasn't over for yesterday and I started with a constant contraction type pain from about 4am today then at about 8 (before we were about to call 999 as was bleeding fair amount too) I passed something massive in the toilet, it felt horrific and it's all I can think about. Lea similar to you it seems like I passed 2 big 'products'. Now wondering if today was sac and maybe placenta or something yesterday? Sorry to dissect this so much i don't know why I'm thinking so much about that part, think possibly because it was so traumatic? Just so pleased the pain side seems to have subsided, touch wood.
Sorry to all you ladies that have gone through this too, it's just so unfair.

Thanks again, this forum is invaluable as always x x

I know exactly what you mean. The worst day was when I sat on the toilet, had awful cramps/pressure, and I heard something fall into the toilet, but I couldn't see it. Unfortunately, the other 'sac' had fallen into my underwear, so I had to clean that all up (apologies for tmi!). It still haunts me 3 weeks on what I saw, like you said, it's traumatic to go through, and it's the first thing that comes to mind when I think about it. I'm hoping that will gradually subside....

Hopefully things will get better for you - I felt it bought me closure, it's pretty hard not too, when you have incidents like that in the toilet! xx

So sorry candy and everyone else. I've had multiple early miscarriages so haven't had to go through what you have as such, I can only imagine it adds to the trauma and I fully sympathise as I have endometriosis and every period feels like labour pains. It takes time to heal emotionally, I'm not sure we ever get over it, I go through weeks of feeling fine then sometimes one day it just creeps up and takes over me. I think I'm having one of those days today as everything and anything is upsetting me. So your pity party is most welcome here, I'll bring cake! Xxx

I passed a lot of blood clots. They look and feel similar to the sac but are dark colored and just blood.

Last edited:
So sorry to read your stories :(
I had a mmc at 13 weeks but baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks and we didn't find out until 12 week scan. I also passed two large clots but they were attached together by what I can only assume was the beginning formation of an unbilical cord? Luckily I didn't see anything as everything was passed on the toilet but my husband had a look in case we needed to describe it to a medical professional at any point.
So based on my experience, I'd say that what you have described is pretty normal.

I went through the same. It's horrendous. My thoughts are with you xxxxx

Thanks ladies. My bleeding has almost stopped so fx might be able to start moving on. Typically yesterday woke up with tonsillitis (recurring) which is not surprising but could obviously do with out it. My mum is staying which is a massive help but she has to leave Thursday. Feeling massively alone. My family are 200 miles away and my DH doesn't really have much to do with his (they're local) so that's making me feel resentful to be so far from mine, especially at the moment. Trying to to remember how lucky i am in other ways, hoping to wake up feeling more positive tomorrow. Hope you are all doing ok, thanks again xx

Hi Candy, it's good that the bleeding has nearly stopped, you have been through a tough time so it's only natural to have down days especially if you're sick at the same time. It might be worth asking your GP for a good tonic, I took Orivite (Vitamin B's) after my MMC's (I also took Vit C / Zinc & Selenium) to try & build my immune system up. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back