What a horrible 24 hours!

briggerz

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I'm devastated!!! My bf is moving out today!

Long story short, after we'd been together for a couple of months, my boyfriend admitted he had a gambling problem. I was shocked but promised to stand by him if he got help. So he joined gamblers anon and things were going well! He had a couple of slip ups but after the last time, I told him, if he does it again its over and he has to leave.

That was about a year ago, since then he's stopped going to ga and we're expecting a baby. Because of his gambling we now have a joint email account. Last night I checked the deleted mails, and in there was confirmation that he had paid out over £400 to William hill!! I was devastated and still am! I've told him he has to go, I figure if I don't keep my promise he'll keep doing it as he thinks its ok!

I love him so much but can't continue like this! Any advice ladies? Xxx

Im so sorry to read this, i have no advice apart from you need to do whats best for you and baby and if he wants you back he can get help alone and then try. Addicts can never quit for other people it needs to be for himself so hitting rock bottom loosing his family and home may make him want to stop. ifykwim? good luck honey im sure you will be a great mummy xxx

Hey hun...

I work in a bookies myself...

There are things we can do to help. If he goes into William Hill with a passport photo and his online account details they he can self exclude himself from as many William Hill betting shops as he wants and also they will block his online account. All the other betting shops also have self exclusion in place. He will also be given a GamCare leaflet which will also help him.

Maybe suggest he does this to proove he is willing to try... I understand why he has had to move out and I think you have done the right thing. If you still love him maybe give him 1 more chance but tell him you won't have him back home til he prooves himself.

I hope this has helped.

Xxx

Didn't wanna read and run hun, I think you're doing the right thing in sticking by what you've said! I can imagine its not easy hun. :( I'd follow kayleys advice about a self ban thing, it will show his commitment to try at least! X

Thanks so much for the advice ladies! Sorry for the late reply but it's been a bit of a whirlwind!

He's moved out, but we are still together. He has to prove himself before he comes back. I'll keep you updated xxx

So sorry this is happening to you hun! :-( Think you are right and that you have to stick to your guns....hopefully the fact that you've gone through with what you said (i.e. kicked him out) will make him realise that you are serious and that he has to deal with his problem...I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out well for you, xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back