What a day!!

JoeyClare

Reaction score
Well today was my 37+1 midwife appointment. The good news was that I was right and baby is further engaged! Baby was 5/5 at 34 weeks and now baby is 2/5. That gym ball was definitely worth it. :)

I had a test 10 days ago for liver function and didn't hear from anybody, so assumed it was ok, but when she looked at the result there was one result that was elevated so she went to check with the doctor who looked at them and said the hospital had tested liver function, but not the right one. :wall2: Had to have the test redone.

Then there was my BP check. It came up high, so she retested at the end and it came up high again. I didn't need the loo, so couldn't do a urine sample. They sent me to hospital where they checked my BP again- still high. I then managed to do a urine sample where they found protein. Embarrassed to say I started to cry at this point. I then spent over an hour with them monitoring baby's heart and movements. This was all good. They checked my BP twice more and it was borderline high and they did 2 more blood tests (my poor veins).

When the bloods eventually came back, there were some abnormalities and I'm anaemic. I need to go back on Friday for more monitoring. Thought we were going to be out of the house for an hour and it ended up being 7!!

At least they r monitoring u Hun. I know it's scary when u hear about protein etc but at least they r aware. Big hugs xxx

Aww bless you - its good that they take everything so seriously though! I went to the doctors with a chest infection at 33 weeks, she then sent me to hospital to get assessed and they kept me in 4 days!! They take pregnant women so seriously xx

I am glad in a way that they want to see me again as it means they're monitoring me and checking all is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back