We're Looking for New Moderators!

LauraB

Reaction score
Yes, it's about time we got our moderator numbers back up ... Urchin and Suz do a fantastic job but we still need more help!

If you fancy your hand at keeping the peace and spreading the love on our lovely forum, then just send me a PM to let me know :D

We'll announce who our new moderators are in a few days' time. Thank you all! :hug:

Oooh i'd love to do something like this but i'm a bit young :( Good luck in finding the right person though

Thanks Princess_Puddles, it's not all about age though, so please don't anybody be put off for that reason!

I've just realised my post above was a bit rushed (I'll do anything to get away from the PC for my soaps!) so I've just found this post below, which is from when I first advertised for mods many moons ago ..... it just gives a little more info about what we are looking for:-

LauraB said:
Hi everyone,

Would you like to help out with moderating Pregnancy Forum? If so, then please read on!

As I am sure you all know, this site is very much geared towards being a friendly, supportive and non-judgemental place to discuss concerns about pregnancy and baby issues, a place to seek advice and to offer words of help and support to others. However, as with all forums, things can get a little hairy at times and unfortunately I am not always around to resolve matters straight away.

If you are interested, then you should have been a member of Pregnancy Forum for at least six months. The role is a very casual (and unpaid!) one, and so you will not be requested to be on the forum any more than you usually are, but any extra time you can spare will be very greatly appreciated. The role basically entails keeping an eye on things in the main forum, to ensure that a peaceful environment is maintained at all times. Diplomatic intervention by a moderator, to try and calm things down, can often prevent a topic from having to be locked or deleted - although as a moderator you do have that ability should you deem it necessary.

If you are interested, please drop me a note via PM - I would like to create more than one moderator position, so that there's a good chance of the forum being moderated at most times, plus I myself will still be rattling around in the background :lol:

Good luck! Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Best wishes,
Laura B

Off to watch Corrie now :cheer:

Being a forum Admin or Moderator is such a rewarding and fun way to add to any community on the www, I wish you lots of luck finding new Moderators because this is such a friendly, genuine forum, and it can only grow :cheer:

ohhh how great would that be? i would love to be one, only two probs. i havent been a member for 6 months and i am only 19 (nearly 20 mind you!!) :lol:

good luck in finding a new MOD :cheer: :D

I would be a mod but i wonder if people really know who i am, i post but havnt always got the time every day

i would love to be a mod but im not sure if id know what i was doing :oops:

exicited rach said:
i would love to be a mod but im not sure if id know what i was doing :oops:

ditto.

plus while im on matt leave i have loads of spare time. but i don't know if i will when i go back to work :cry:

I am too shy!

Good luck with your search!

Jade

darn. id love to be a mod here. i mod another forum and love it.

i havent been here 6months though :cry:

still apply kels. they can only say no chick :wink:

whats taking so freaking long :doh: the suspense is killing me

I too would love to be a mod here but to be honest im too buzy elsewhere :eek:

i mod on at least 3 other sites, plus i run at least 6 of my own :) im just a very buzy lass lol

so whos the new mod come on share lol

Firstly, thanks so much to everybody who has applied - I cannot believe how many people are interested in taking on the unenviable task of being a mod!

As it states in the first post, it will be a few days before I announce who we have chosen - probably around the weekend time - but when we do I'll update the link at the top of the page to let you all know that the new mods have been announced in here.

Meanwhile thanks once again everybody for your offers of help, it is very much appreciated :hug:

Its what people do to say thanks for a fantastic site :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back