Went off it - now I'm beginning to think its the one

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
We had Henry James picked out for a boy, and all was good u til DH mentioned henry the Hoover. That gave me Hoover issues. I began to see DH dressing him up as a Hoover for
Halloween etc!

Since I went off it, we picked Louis (which I still like, but don't love). Whenever we talked about names DH kept saying "I still love Henry". This is the only name he "loves".

I'm beginning to agree with him. I've been saying both names over and over in my rad, and Henry just seems so much nicer!

Think I'm gonna have to forget my Hoover issues and go with it. We both love it.

So, little man is most probably now gonna be Henry James Smith.

Can't wait to meet him to sort this out once and for all!

I have to say, it's a very strong sounding name. I love it!

Aw I love it! I would never have associated it with the Hoover if you hadn't mentioned it xx

I didn't until DH mentioned it. That's what put me off but it's starting to feel like its "the one"!

Henry sounds soo cute! I love it! I would never have associated it either had you not mentioned it :) xx

Henry James is lovely! Your post really made me chuckle, but honestly I would not have thought of the hoover (and I actually own a 'henry') lol xxx

Henry is still my favourite out of all your possible names, I think it is a great name. I do like Louis aswell but Henry is stronger and more masculine sounding.

I didn't think of the Hoover I thought of the writer! But it's a good, strong, classic name. I much prefer henry to Louis.

Thanks ladies. U r all makin me feel much better! Lol! Don't think I'm gonna tell
DH i love it - will make a nice surprise when he is born! :D

I really want to call my LO Henry but my DH hates old fashioned names........you go for it I wouldn't worry about the hoover thing.

I love love love Henry and would love it for baby number 2 if it's a bluey! Unfortunatly OH doesn't like it!

If it's any help ... I have a Hetty hoover! :) x

Awwww that's such a gorgeous name Carly! Very strong and suits a little boy as well as a teenager and a man, so will be great throughout his life. I think people will always make associations no matter what name you pick, even with a name like Verity people at school thought it was fun to go on about ferrets! As long as it's a name you're happy with and goes with the rest of the names you've picked out, I think you have to go with the one you're in love with!

i like it and didnt think of the hoover at all! my friend gave her boy the same name but used the spelling Henri James

I like it!!! My lo is Harvey smith!i liked Henry but Harvey was a family name along with his middle name!

Lovely name , I don't think of Hoovers, think of Kings names! I think most people just know if a name is right by the time birth comes , with practice of the name- well done

It's definatley "the one".

Gonna order a door sign with his name on now cos i can!

reminds me of prince harry - which is always a winner. deffo not a hoover! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back