Welcome to the world Jessica Ella Johnson

mrsjohnson88

Reaction score
My beautiful baby girl was born on her due date 14/2/15 at 17.02pm via emergency c section. Weighing 7lb4.

It all started on the thursday night, we were sat watching tv about 9pm when i started to get period type pains. After an hour i noticed they were pretty regular and mentioned to OH who started timing. They were about 10-12 mins apart and in all honesty the pain was very bearable so we decided just to head to bed and see what happened.

Through the night the pain continued and I decided i was definitely having contractions but still couldn't actually believe that i was in labour.

The contractions became stronger but they remained quiet sporadic, sometimes they were 7 mins apart and other times 15 mins apart. I spent the day on friday bouncing on my ball and walking in between contractions to try and speed things up with not much luck. By friday evening though the pain was pretty intense and I was starting to wonder how I would make it through the night.

Eventually saturday morning my contractions became close enough together to convince the mw at my birthing centre to see me. I remember worrying the whole way there that i wouldn't be 4cm and they would send me home as by this point i was really struggling with pain and the fact I hadn't slept in 36 hours!!!

On arrival to the birthing centre my contractions had slowed once again and i could tell the mw did not think i was ready to be admitted. she examined me and said she wasn't sure how dilated i was and needed a second opinion. At the time i didn't think this was strange but looking back i think she must have known something wasn't right and wanted a second opinion.

The second mw confirmed i was about 6cm dilated but my baby was breech. This had never been picked up at any of my antenatal appointments and i have to say i went into a state of shock and was completely inconsolable. I was terrified about the prospect of having surgery as it (maybe nievely) had never really crossed my mind.

From that point things seemed to move really quickly. I was transfered to the labour ward, hooked up to the monitor and a doctor came to see me straight away. Initially they said they could try and turn baby but wanted to do it in theatre incase it caused distress and they needed to get her out quickly however as they were getting me ready another lady had a pph and was rushed into theatre before me (totally understandable as my condition wasn't life threatening).

In the time that they were dealing with the emergency my labour progressed too far and i was too far dilated when rechecked that they said it was pointless trying to turn now and we should proceed straight to c section. At this point i was ready to get baby out anyway as the contractions were back to back and i was in agony!!! The gas and air wasn't helping at all, although OH has since told me i wad pretty out of it!! Before they took me to theatre they gave me an injection to stop my contractions and that was like heaven. I now wonder why i couldn't of had this sooner!!

I was terrifed in theatre but the staff really put my mind at rest. When they said we had 5 mins before we could meet our baby it suddenly dawned on me what was happening....up until that point i kind of felt like i was in a dream (thats probably what oh means when he says i was out of it).

The moment she came out oh stood up and told me she was a girl and it was amazing. I heard her crying and they quickly showed her to me before taking her away to be cleaned and weighed.

She was then put on my chest and stayed there the whole time while they stiched me back up. I couldn't believe what had just happened, it was without a dount the scariest, most traumatic but best day of my entire life.

Now she is 3 days old and my god its so true what everyone says about forgetting the whole thing when they are here. i remember being in labour thinking there was no way I would ever do it again but now shes here i would do it all again in a heartbeat.

Ive never loved anything so much, i literally cant stop looking at her. Shes so perfect.

(sorry i have totally rambled on...well done if you make it to the end!!!) Xxx

What a scary, traumatic time you have been through! So nice that your little lady is here safe and well. Congratulations to you and OH - enjoy!!!

Congratulations on your little girl xx

Congratulations - what a perfect little Valentine (not the experience perhaps) but definitely the gift :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back