Welcome to the world Beatrice Elizabeth - 21st January 2015.

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Well after the epic drama that was James' birth back in 2012 and me being convinced I'd have a very late baby, our beautiful little daughter arrived the day after her due date on 21st January.

In the end it was all very quick. 4 hours from first sign to actual delivery.

Went to bed on due date (20th) frustrated that nowt was going on.

02:45am, turned over in bed and waters went with a pop. I was very glad that I'd put mattress protectors on my side of bed.
Got up and sorted myself out, debated waking up OH but knew that waters meant it could still be a while

3am: started feeling the familiar period pains, they were immediately painful. Woke OH up and rang triage. Was told with baby two I need to go in when pains were 4 minutes apart. Had a cuppa and a few slices of toast.

03:40: Started timing contractions using an app, within a few it was easy to see they were already at every 5 minutes. They are incredibly painful so I take a few paracetamol and put TENS on.

04:00am: Rang my Mum to let her know she needed to get herself ready. Dad was bringing her to have James and he was then taking us to hospital.

04:45: Folks arrive, contractions are now almost on top of each other, I have two on the way out.

05:00: Arrive at triage, am assessed, in a lot of pain. Confirmed I am 4cm and can go to birth centre. Worried as I am only 4cm, I was 5cm when I went in with James and it still took 15 hours!!

05:15: get settled in our room.

05:25: first notes entered in the "labour" part of my notes [I only know this as looked at notes later in day]

All is nice and chilled. It's just me, OH and one MW.

Then things just ramp up. MW cannot even take my BP properly as contractions are on top of each other. I am still in my leggings and top at this point. Rest of my waters are leaking over my bottoms so end up in a hospital gown (I did have my own nighties but I oddly wanted my bits hanging out so I agreed to a gown??)

Only place I am comfy is on my knees on the floor leaning over the bed. G&A and TENS are helping me deal with contractions but they are painful beyond words. Coming very quickly and no real break between. BP is high as it's been taken mid contraction.
MW advises I need to be moved to labour ward unless she can get a lower reading.

Sudden urge to push prompts MW to actually examine me, I am fully dilated and babies head is visible. Cue lots of scurrying around as MW needs to get her "birth kit"

06:45am: Baby is delivered after a few pushes.

Takes 15 seconds to hear that all important cry and baby is in my arms (I'd had her kneeling over the bed and she was basically placed on a blanket on the floor whilst I got onto bed [naked] so I could take her)

Had all my internal checks, injection to deliver placenta whilst having a cuddle. MW took great pleasure in showing us the placenta by holding it up in front of us :shock:

Not a tear or graze!!! I did pass a big clot when I was getting ready after, bled all over my clean clothes and down my legs but MW was happy that is was normal. Blood loss was 200ml which is fine.

Was on the labour ward by 8am! Home by 3pm.

Such a different experience this time round, last time my notes had labour as almost 15 hours, this time it was 80 minutes!!!

X

Last edited:
Amazing hun!

Such a lovely birth story!!

XX

Wow, you did amazingly, you should be so proud of yourself! You've given me hope that my next labour may be a little easier :)

Congratulations again xxx

Ahhhh Nat!!!! Massive congratulations xxx

Congratulations!!! She's gorgeous & lovely name that's one of my moms middle name

Massive congratulations hon, what a lovely name xx

She is just too cute!! I could eat her up!!

Does she have a middle name?

XX

Congratulations, so pleased for you :dance:

Nat she's a beauty.
How is breast feeding going for you this time?
Your labour sounds similar to mine short speedy with g&a and a tens

aw that sounded like a great labour! made me laugh at the showing placenta part!
congratulations x

Wow what a fantastic positive birth story, well done you sounds like you did amazing! Beatrice is beautiful and love her name :) xx

Huge huge congratulations! Just popped on to check on you! I am so pleased labour was such a breeze this time as I remember how hard it was with James. Lots of love and luck for your new little family of 4! Xx

Congratulations nat! Hope your all nice and settled xx

Great birth story. Welcome to the world beautiful Beatrice x

Amazing birth hun! Beatrice is so beautiful, hope it's all going well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27