Weired question lol

Rachel

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if sperm can still swim up if your sitting/standing? sorry i know its stupid but wouldnt gravity stop it swimming up?

Hi Rachel

I have often thought the same thing - lol, we are certainly thinking about things far too much!!

I don't know the answer - whenever I bd I try and lay for about 20-30 minutes after so that I am giving the little fishies the best chance of not coming out!!!! I have tried everything - my dh has held my legs in the air, have raised myself up with cushions but nothing has worked so perhaps I am doing something wrong!

I have got a 21 day blood test on friday to tell me if there is something serious wrong or if I am just having bad luck.

Do you have any techniques you can pass onto me? :wink:

Xxx

Hi Rachel,

Ive tried sitting and laying in all different positions after me and DH have BD! The white stuff always leaks. Sperm live in this white stuff and when they get in your body they leave the white stuff. Your body gets rid of it and the sperm rely on your CM to swim to the egg. You produce EWCM when you ovulate, this is thinner than normal CM so the sperm can swin to the egg.

Hope this helps

Amy.

Hi,
In Zita Wests book I'm reading, she says it doesn't make any difference at all whether you have your legs in the air after bd'ing, as Amy says it's the CM that you produce before ovulation that helps the sperm to swim to the egg.

She does say though that you should lie down for the next 20-30 minutes after you have bd'd and resist going to the loo in that time. I've started to do this - I'll let you know if it's worked this month! :D

Oh so it is a good idea to wait to go to the loo? thanks bagpuss, ill try that! AF is due next week i think, hoping she doesn t show this month, :wink: been trying for 7 months!

Baby dust to all :D

Amy

Oh well at least I have been doing something right, laying for 20-30 mins!! Why haven't I conceived then?!!!!!

Still having PMS signs, feeling irritable has gone, but the lower abdom pains are still there and have had to buy a bag of cadbury buttons for later on! I am just praying that af doesn't show up before Fri. I really want to go for my 21 day blood test.

Good luck to you all Xxx

Hi girls,

I had thought the same as you guys and really thought it was going to be impossible to conceive when most of it seemed to fall out!! but here I am feeling like poo and hoping this babe is worth all the cronic headaches! :) only joking, anything will be worth holding my little one, I just wish the symptons would disappear now! (it's not funny anymore :cry: )
Anyway, I had tried laying with pillows under my bum and legs in the air (not a pretty sight) for 30 mins, to give the little swimmers the best chance possible and had no luck but the day i'm sure I conceived we were in a bit of a rush and I got up and went to the loo straight after, i also didn't have any CM and hadn't done for about a month so really didn't think my chances were great but here I am 11 and a half weeks on, so I guess it doesn't really matter what you do, when it's your time, it will happen.

The best of luck to all of you trying, i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Nicki.x :D

The books I've been reading also state that, you shouldn't worry that lots of the sperm seems to end up down the loo (sorry for TMI), there's more than enough left to help your chances of conceiving.

Nicki's right though, when it's our time it's our time but we're at the desperate stage of doing anything to help us along.

My AF must be due any time this week, I really hope she doesn't show up this time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back