weird question but

zebrastripes

Reaction score
...does anyone by any amazing offchance know what on earth this means

birkebeinerne fore den unge haakon haakonsson paa skitil throndhjem

It's on some weird old brooch we have, and it's going to really annoy me if I dont find out.

I typed it into InterTran and this is what I got

birkebeinerne feed it young haakon haakonsson paa dirty throndhjem

so :shock: :shock: :shock:

do u kno what language it is? if so u can type "translate" in google and u get some free translator tools. let us kno coz im curious now!

I think it might be some sort of ....Viking language...cause there are vikings on the brooch,with spears,so...I have no idea :shock: it's silver too :shock:

it does look from-across-the-north-sea-ish doesnt it. maybe swedish? :think: or norwegian? keep trying in the translators see which one works lol

i'm trying...they are not working...the first translation was best so far.. grr this will annoy me

eek me too now! lol wheres squiglet shes very brainy

Well,

- birkebeinerne: birke+beinerne; beinerne=bones... so "the bones of birke"

- fore (or actually written føre as I suspect)= take, carry

- den unge= the young

- haakon haakonsson= name, literally translated to "Haakon, the son of Haakon"

- paa: if as written, no translation; if written "på", means "on" or "by"

-skitil: if as written, is understood as "dirty", specifically referring to feces; if written "ski til", translated as "ski to".

- throndhjem: possible geographical location; other interpretation is "the home of Thrond".

All in all: "... the bones of birke took the young haakon haakonsson by ski to throndhjem".

But that's just my humble opinion. :)

Signed: Squigs' better half.

P.S.: Hi to everyone!

That is really annoying, had a go myself with no luck. Let us know when you/if you find out....

Haakon Haakonsson the Young (10 November 1232 - 5 May 1257), Norwegian Håkon Håkonsson Unge, Old Norse Hákon Hákonarson hinn ungi, was the son of king Haakon Haakonsson of Norway, and held the title of king, subordinate to his father, from 1 April 1240 to his death. He was referred to as Haakon the Young to distinguish him from his father, who was sometimes correspondingly called Haakon the Old.

trixipaws said:
eek me too now! lol wheres squiglet shes very brainy

Bahahhahaha not me this time... But my DH.. (you can see him in the photo :) ) He speaks ooogly boogly languages... ;)

Ahh thank you.

Wonder why this guy was skiing on some old fellas bones :think:

but as least I know what it means now :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27