weight

Candygirl

Reaction score
I went to the midwife yesterday for my 28 week appointment
was quite annoyed as this was my 3rd appointment and I have seen a different midwife each time (I was told I would only see the first one all the time when I first went)
This one yesterday was a little pushy...I really felt like she just wanted to hurry me out the door. All she did was take blood pressure, bloods and listen to the heartbeat. She didnt measure me and I had ask her to weigh me to which she responded "Im not interested in your weight". I went and jumped on the scale anyway, and I have only put on 11lbs :)

yes how rude!!

Mind you I have never been weighed since the first apt, I did ask and was told they stopped doing it because it stresses women out and is not an indication of a healthy pregnancy or otherwise

Hate you for only gaining 11 lbs too :evil: :shock:

My last appointment was rather like that. Quick BP check (normal), poke around the belly (good size) and a quick listen to bub's heart. Could have listened to that for hours but all in all I was there for just over 5 minutes. Oh well. Felt a bit like a production line but the midwife was very nice.

at my 24 week midwife appointment i asked if i should be concerned that i am losing weight instead of putting it on, and she still didnt weigh me!!!!

i am still 10lbs LESS than my pre-pregnancy weight..and i wasnt overweight to start with!

im still over a stone lighter then when i fell pregnant too but i have enough spare :rotfl:

All my MW appointments were like that :x I have never been weighed either apart from the booking in appointment. I don't think they bother with that much no more it just stresses women out.

we cant be guaranteed the same midwife but with this being my fourth i know all mine anyway so i'm lucky as they are all nice.

I've never been weighed either but have had the 'quick' treatment once or twice.

I've never been weighed either. Am actually quite pleased about it tbh... i'm the size of a small country! I'm also under a team of midwives so have also seen different ones.... its quite common in our area.

my 28 week appt was a quickie too - just a check that everything was ok :) they don't weigh you at my health centre after the 1st appt either; i've checked mine at home though and have put on 12lbs so far... :)

no idea what i've put on now, although I've ate like a pig over christmas :rotfl:

My MW never weighs me, the doc does though

Babylicious said:
I've gained a stone :shock:

I put on nearly 3 stone when I was pregnant with paige..... afraid to say that was my craving.... 5 bars of chocolate everyday :oops: :oops:

You don't get weighed anymore as it doesn't have an effect on anything or something? My mum explained it to me but all i know is they dont weigh you anymore! lol

Ive only seen the midwife twice!! its rubbish! and the first time was when she came and done my notes at 11 weeks and she didnt even do anything!

All of my MW appointments have been a quick check of BP, urine, belly measurements and baby's heart beat.... not long appointments at all!

I'm pleased because everything is ok and going well :D

Oh and i've put on 2 stone so far..... most of that is on my thighs I think :shock: :lol:

I think I just wanted to moan. I dont really care how long I am in and there for as long as the necessary is done...but just thought they would maybe spend some time with me as its my first baby...but I guess my understanding of the whole process was incorrect.
I will get a longer appointment at 32 weeks, but only cos I want to change hospitals and they apparently have to redo my notes...
:)

Tegala-7thMarch08 said:
RUDE!!!

ive put on about 5lbs :)

5lbs!!! I think I must have your share........ If I were to estimate I reckon I've put on 2 stone.... all belly as well.. no wonder I cant turn round anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back