weight

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Candygirl, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Candygirl

Candygirl Well-Known Member

I went to the midwife yesterday for my 28 week appointment
    was quite annoyed as this was my 3rd appointment and I have seen a different midwife each time (I was told I would only see the first one all the time when I first went)
    This one yesterday was a little pushy...I really felt like she just wanted to hurry me out the door. All she did was take blood pressure, bloods and listen to the heartbeat. She didnt measure me and I had ask her to weigh me to which she responded "Im not interested in your weight". I went and jumped on the scale anyway, and I have only put on 11lbs :)

2. paiges_mummy

paiges_mummy Well-Known Member

3. ella

ella Well-Known Member

yes how rude!!

Mind you I have never been weighed since the first apt, I did ask and was told they stopped doing it because it stresses women out and is not an indication of a healthy pregnancy or otherwise

Hate you for only gaining 11 lbs too :evil: :shock:

4. daftscotslass

daftscotslass Well-Known Member

My last appointment was rather like that. Quick BP check (normal), poke around the belly (good size) and a quick listen to bub's heart. Could have listened to that for hours but all in all I was there for just over 5 minutes. Oh well. Felt a bit like a production line but the midwife was very nice.

5. GBLiz

GBLiz Well-Known Member

at my 24 week midwife appointment i asked if i should be concerned that i am losing weight instead of putting it on, and she still didnt weigh me!!!!

i am still 10lbs LESS than my pre-pregnancy weight..and i wasnt overweight to start with!

6. Gem & Leland

Gem & Leland Well-Known Member

im still over a stone lighter then when i fell pregnant too but i have enough spare :rotfl:

7. kellie80

kellie80 Well-Known Member

All my MW appointments were like that :x I have never been weighed either apart from the booking in appointment. I don't think they bother with that much no more it just stresses women out.

8. moomoo192

moomoo192 Well-Known Member

we cant be guaranteed the same midwife but with this being my fourth i know all mine anyway so i'm lucky as they are all nice.

I've never been weighed either but have had the 'quick' treatment once or twice.

9. rachie29

rachie29 Well-Known Member

I've never been weighed either. Am actually quite pleased about it tbh... i'm the size of a small country! I'm also under a team of midwives so have also seen different ones.... its quite common in our area.

10. purple13

purple13 Well-Known Member

my 28 week appt was a quickie too - just a check that everything was ok :) they don't weigh you at my health centre after the 1st appt either; i've checked mine at home though and have put on 12lbs so far... :)

11. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

no idea what i've put on now, although I've ate like a pig over christmas :rotfl:

My MW never weighs me, the doc does though

12. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

I've gained a stone :shock:

13. paiges_mummy

paiges_mummy Well-Known Member

I put on nearly 3 stone when I was pregnant with paige..... afraid to say that was my craving.... 5 bars of chocolate everyday :oops: :oops:

14. littlepip

littlepip Well-Known Member

You don't get weighed anymore as it doesn't have an effect on anything or something? My mum explained it to me but all i know is they dont weigh you anymore! lol

Ive only seen the midwife twice!! its rubbish! and the first time was when she came and done my notes at 11 weeks and she didnt even do anything!

15. Tegala-7thMarch08

Tegala-7thMarch08 Well-Known Member

RUDE!!!

ive put on about 5lbs :)

16. Full of hope!

Full of hope! Well-Known Member

All of my MW appointments have been a quick check of BP, urine, belly measurements and baby's heart beat.... not long appointments at all!

I'm pleased because everything is ok and going well :D

Oh and i've put on 2 stone so far..... most of that is on my thighs I think :shock: :lol:

17. Candygirl

Candygirl Well-Known Member

I think I just wanted to moan. I dont really care how long I am in and there for as long as the necessary is done...but just thought they would maybe spend some time with me as its my first baby...but I guess my understanding of the whole process was incorrect.
    I will get a longer appointment at 32 weeks, but only cos I want to change hospitals and they apparently have to redo my notes...
    :)

18. Full of hope!

Full of hope! Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, I expected more at my appointments too :?

19. rachie29

rachie29 Well-Known Member

5lbs!!! I think I must have your share........ If I were to estimate I reckon I've put on 2 stone.... all belly as well.. no wonder I cant turn round anymore!