Weight

Violet

Reaction score
Hi girls

I'm overweight so me losing some weight is not a bad thing in itself, but I really thought that by 15 weeks I'd be starting to put weight on. In the last week I've lost another couple of pounds, bringing my total weight loss since I became pg to about 11 lbs.

I'm eating as much as I feel like, which isn't an awful lot tbh. Meals have become very small, like last week OH bought us a KFC and all i ate was one piece of chicken and some fries and i felt stuffed full! I've gone off all meats since day 1 :( but am still trying to eat some meat. I'm also finding I have a general lack of interest in any food, none of it really appeals to me, although I had a crisp sarnie the other day and really enjoyed that lol.

Does this sound normal? I'm starting to worry LO isn't getting everything she should. I'm still taking the pregnancy multivits. I'm not much of a cook, and the smell of cooking food in tri 1 was turning my stomach, so I mainly stay out of the kitchen now. I was getting some nausea, but mostly that has stopped.

ive lost 2 stone since being pregnant and was overweight anyway. Im barely just starting to put weight on now and 21 weeks.
Ive got my appetite half back and eat snacks rather than meals but apparently this is ok as long as I dont lose anymore so I wouldnt worry x

Hi Violet!

I also lost weight at the start of my pregnancy and didn't put it back on until week 19/20. Over the last 5 weeks I've not only put back on the weight that I lost, but another 10 lbs on top of that. It all seemed to happen at once.
I wouldn't worry for a few weeks - just keep monitoring what's happening. If you continue to lose weight I'd probably let your midwife know, but hopefully it should even out soon.

I lost 1 1/2 stone in tri 1 due to sickness and as u said just not feeling hungry for food.I'm overweight too, so wasn't worried. My appetite has picked up since about 20wks and I have started putting on weight since then. think I have put on 6lbs in the last few weeks, so it will start to happen, don't worry xx

I lost a stone in tri 1 and it sort of makes you not want to eat and puts you off food for a bit I think. I lost my appetite a couple of weeks back, but now I feel like I could eat forever!! Just ensure you drink plenty and what you do it is relatively healthy and good for baby :). Til you get your appetite back!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Thanks girls :)

I'm seeing the mw later today. I'm guessing she will weigh me and I can double check with her then. It's the first I'd heard of girls not gaining weight when pg and it just freaks me a little. One good thing is I'm still in my usual clothes, even tho I can't seem to keep my trousers up and feel like I need bracers lol.

Saralou I'm not the best at drinking either, never have been. My family are always on at me at how little I drink. I've tried to increase it since I've been pg, but I just don't get that thirsty. I've noticed a couple times I've had a bad head and drunk more over the next 24 hours and it's gone again so hopefully my body will keep letting me know if I don't drink enough.

I was 57kg at start of pregnancy and still weighed exactly the same until about 2-3 weeks ago....now I'm 65Kg! Seems to just catch up with you suddenly and then there's no stopping it :/

I think ur weight must fluctuate so I weighed myself again today and I have lost 2lbs again in a week! But then I haven't pigged out on as much food this week, as my appetite has disappeared again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back