Weight!?

Daydreaming

Reaction score
Another weight thread!! (sorry!)

20 weeks tomorrow and I have gained 12lbs since getting pregnant. Which is quite alot considering at first I lost half a stone with sickness.
Must be all those chocolate I am eating!

Just wondering if this sounded healthy to you guys, don't worry - I'm not planning to stay stick-thin or nothing, but don't want to become Mr Blobby either :)

Tried researching on google but lots of mixed info out there... :roll:

hey hun, i weighed myself a couple of weeks ago and i had put 10lb on so i reckon 12 sounds about right, i bet if i got weighed now i would be the same :) x

That doesn't sound a lot considering all the extra weight of the blood, placenta, baby fluid etc we're carrying.

My Mw said it depends on your height but typically speaking weight gain of 2st isn't uncommon for those 5'5" and under.
Xx

Before getting pregnant I was 7 Stone 5LBS and I'm now 7 Stone 10LBS. So I've gained 5LBS.

Sounds like an ok amount to me too. I lost about a stone and a half in tri 1 and having only just started putting weigh back on, think it's about 4lbs so far. But at 15 stone already I really don't need to be putting on loads xx

Last edited:
I was 9st before i got pregnant and at my 20 week scan I was 10st 5 so I wouldn't worry hun, I put on a stone by week 17! x

I don't know my weight and don't own scales but I'm average all round (If a little short! 5'3") but I am so fed up of people commenting on my bump and how big it is. I feel like I've done nothing wrong, been eating well, walking most days for 30 mins at a time etc. I had a bit extra tummy weight before I was pregnant so I guess I had a head start! It's kind of getting me down. Why can't we all be allowed to develop our wee bumps the way nature intends us to, and stop being worried about what other people think!!!!!

K80-people tell me every day how big my bump is! It's annoying! But if you are small you get comments too, my friend is carrying smaller than me and she has the opposite problem, with people commenting on how small she is.
When people ask me when I'm due I feel a little embarrassed when I say June as people ate always expecting me to be further along!

I'm proud of my bump so I shouldn't care what other people think!

x

I agree Kirsty, I am one of the people who are carrying small. Me and my other half panicked a bit in the waiting room for our 20 week scan as there were women so much bigger than me and some were there for their 12 week!! But Peanut is measuring perfect for 20 weeks so I'm not worried. My mum was tiny when she had her 1st so I obviously take after her. I've put on about 7-8lbs so far xxx

Taffyrose-it would seem that the size of the bump bears no relation to the size of the baby at this stage. My friend who is a lot smaller was told that her baby weighs more than mine, so it really just depends how you carry!

Unfortunately I seem to be carrying some extra....something....fluid I guess! Don't get me wrong, I love having a bump, but i dont want to end up massive! I do think people comment unnecessarily though, I don't think anyone has any idea what 22 weeks pregnant 'should' loook like, so they just comment whether they 'think' you are big or small.

It depends on your height too, I'm 5ft 1, so my size bump on a woman who was 5ft 8 would look tiny!

xx

I agree it's amazing how everyone's an expert when it comes to pregnancy. My cousin got really big really quickly but then kind of stayed at that size for the last 3 or 4 months. Like you say everyone's different and baby's lie differently, etc. I looked at a piccy of your bump and it's gorgeous I was very jealous xxx

I agree with taffy, I'm very jealous of ur lovely bump Kirsty :) xx

Thank you ladies :) i do love having a bump, just not all the comments about the size!

To be honest I've hardly grown in the last few weeks so I wonder if maybe I will not be that big by the end! maybe like your cousin Taffyrose!

x

hehe, thanks everyone.

Weight it always a touchy subject. I had a work colleague comment "Are you sure you are only having one baby?" - she is usually lovely and I dont think she meant it nasty at all - but still made me worry slightly. However, as long as my weight gain isn't too severe I shall try to just go with the flow.

But I really should cut back on my chocolate intake - they say Little Sausage can taste what I am eating now so I may try to get back to having more healthy noms to get em ready for all that healthy baby food!

Well ladies I think were all in the same boat tired of ppl commenting (my sister is the main culprit and the moment) dont know how long I can hold my tongue lol. Ill be 14 weeks tomoz and had my first scan last thursday was weighed and nearly fell thru the roof! On the 19th Jan my MW weighed me I was 9st1 last thursday its confirmed im now 9st6! Doesnt sound much BUT, before pregnancy I exercised constantly and lost about 6-7lbs I went down to bout 8st10 so even tho ive had was and an all inclusive holiday in my first trimester ive actually put on 11lbs!!!! Ive put it on my belly and boobs tho nowhere else luckily because im a short are at 5ft so as you ben imagine im gonna look like a little humpa lumpa :) xx

I had already put on 8lbs by my booking appointment at 10 weeks, so I suspect I've put on around 12 by now, at the very least. I don't want to keep track, as I know I've not been over-eating. Whatever baby needs, baby gets, and I'm going to try not to let it worry me too much xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back