Weight loss - FAO midwife_online

I know they say some weight loss is normal in early pregnancy, but is losing just over half a stone in 3 weeks normal? At what point do I get worried? :?

that would depend, have your eating habbits changed? have you been sick a lot, and if you have you been able to keep any food down? And (sorry to be rude) what sort of size were you to start with. I know I lost a few pounds in my early stages of pregnancy which I can only put down to my eating habbits changing.

Well I guess my eating has changed but not really less, just different food. (Suddenly hate my favorite chicken ceaser salad!). I was a size 10 to start with and still am coz my tummy is so bloated but my legs and arms are visibly slimmer (just my middle that's fatter!). Haven't been sick - only nausea on and off during the day.

I'll ask the midwife if it get's worse I guess.

Thanks for your help :)

I would worry about it, your the same sort of size as me and I lost weight right through the first trimester, although I counld see my stomach getting slightly larger. I wasnt throwing up but my eating habbits changed (small amounts more frequently) and I went off chicken entirly.
The baby weighs very little in the first trimester, its only when you get to the second that you gain on average a pound a month. Be happy about it, Im feeling like a beached whale now! when people ask when its due, I want to lie and say earlier so they dont think 'god your huge'

I'm guessing you meant wouldnt rather than would then?! From reading on in your post.... Feel like a beached wale already with this bloating, just don' weight like one :lol:

Thanks hun x

LOL, sorry just read that back, should have been wouldnt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back