Weight Gain

Lucie12344

Reaction score
Hey,

I had my midwives appointment today 35+5 and I thought I’d only put on a stone throughout the whole pregnancy but turns out I’ve put on stone and 8lbs! (10kg) - is this a normal amount of weight to put on? I feel like I’ve gained far too much! Not going to lie I was festively plump before getting pregnant! Think my BMI was 28 so I was out of the normal healthy range!

I’ve gained 10kg already and I’m only 21wks haha. :whistle:

I gained 9kg total last pregnancy and was told 6-12kg is a good amount for most. 10kg at nearly 36wks seems like a pretty good effort to me! Don’t be too hard on yourself!

I've gained about 1st 10lbs in all 3 of my previous pregnancies. I've gained about 8lbs so far at 23 weeks. My bmi has been over 30 to start with, with all my pregnancies and this one it is over 40 :faint:. I've generally lost a stone straight after giving birth and the rest within a few weeks after the birth so I wouldn't worry about your gain so far, it's all baby and placenta etc

Thank you both! I wasn’t too sure how much weight gain is normal! Think I’m just worried about the health complications if I’ve piled on too much weight / too quickly. Xx

I don't think that is too much either!
I had gained 12kg with my first and 10kg with my second so it's well in the normal range! You will lose it so quickly after birth anyways. I lost 11kg, 2 weeks postpartum without doing anything special! Enjoy those last few weeks! Good luck!x

I gained the best part of 4 stone in my first pregnancy! And about 2 stone with babies 2 and 3. Baby 4 I’m at about 27lbs already at 26 weeks!

I gained 3 stone in my first pregnancy!! 29 weeks into my 2nd pregnancy and I am a stone and a half up so looks like I am heading the same way!

I weighed myself the other day and it seems I've put on nearly a stone! :O I'm only 21 weeks. I need to make a concerted effort to snack less (we bought ice cream and crisps when I was sick for a long time) and move more! Terrified I'm going to end up massive. I've never been bigger than a size six x__x I suppose it's just another casualty of Covid. I'd intended to keep going to the gym and swapping one of the sessions for a weekly swim, doing the NHS yoga classes at my hospital etc. *Sigh*

I weighed myself the other day and it seems I've put on nearly a stone! :O I'm only 21 weeks. I need to make a concerted effort to snack less (we bought ice cream and crisps when I was sick for a long time) and move more! Terrified I'm going to end up massive. I've never been bigger than a size six x__x I suppose it's just another casualty of Covid. I'd intended to keep going to the gym and swapping one of the sessions for a weekly swim, doing the NHS yoga classes at my hospital etc. *Sigh*

I feel the same way. When I fell pregnant I had picked out a prenatal yoga class to go to on weekends and pictured myself going to the gym and doing a modified version of my strength program twice a week.
I have cancelled my gym membership because it is not worth the risk. There is plenty I could do at home and I found a really good yoga video on youtube but all I actually do is go on walks on the weekend.
I feel so fat, even though according to my app I am a healthy weight at this stage.

I put on 5st with my first :oooo: no decent excuse either I just ate way too much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back