Weight gain

Just tri hopping... I am 36 weeks and have put on just over 2 and a half stone so reckon will get to at least 3 stone by full term.. Midwife isn't worried at all and I started at healthy bmi so don't worry about it girlies! Easier said than done I know, and it's not fun having arms like thighs, but we've got to have some fun right?! Xxxx

This sounds weird but I dint think I have put anything on :/ thunk I weighed below 12 st and I still do confused,com

I'm the same chick lost a bit at first now I'm the same as before about 11.8
I asked the midwife at 16 weeks and she said as long as I'm eating and not hungry it's not a problem, I'm expecting to start getting heavier now I'm past halfway xx

Tmesis do you know what you are having? As they always say if you eat sweet it's girl.

Bubbles I don't know yet, but hopefully I'll find out at my scan on Tuesday so I will report back! :)

Oh tabbi that must be hard, I'm guessing you are already eating lots of cheese and cream and stuff to try and gain weight. But then like you said as long as baby is alright which sounds like it is still really active :) hope the iron helps and you will prob be one of these who pile on end and wonder where the massive bump suddenly came from :) xx

I usually have a huge bump by now anyway lol. I eat everything possible even had blocks of cheese to help but nothing. I hope the iron helps too, my sister(she's a nurse) said within a few hours of having it I'll feel amazing so can't wait for that. Been out in town today getting my son's last minute bits for his birthday tomorrow and there was a women there, she was 4 months pregnant we got talking and she couldnt believe I'M nearly 6 months and got nothing and she was slim but with a huge bump. I bet I'll wake up one day and have a huge bump lol x x x

i weighed myself this morning, was 139.4kg at booking in and was 140.2kg today in my mums.

I am only 16 weeks and have already put 9lbs on. I was 8 1/2 stone to start with and now I'm about 9 1/4. I eat fairly healthily and actually due to morning sickness have ate smaller portions. I haven't put much weight anywhere but my stomach so I guess that means that it will be mostly baby weight thankfully!

You're allowed to put on a lot more if you have a healthy BMI to start with so I wouldn't worry :) x

I'm only fifteen weeks and I've already put on a stone!xxx

yeah im allowed to put on 14lb max, which is what i did last preg. if your really small or slim or underweight you can get away with 3 or 4 stone and lose it easily :)

I'm worrying about this constantly. With my last pregnancy I put on over 4 stone and I hated it, I have no photos of me pregnant because I just looked like a whale. This time round I have already put on 9 pounds at 16 weeks so it's looking like I will be a heffer again. I was about average to start with (just under 10 stone at 5ft 5) and it just really depresses me that my body does this when I'm pregnant as I have been eating less than normal due to sickness and all my cravings have been for fruit and salad!
Last time I lost 3 stone within 2 weeks of giving birth so I assume I just retain a LOT of fluid when pregnant but it doesnt help me feel better about how I look now.

Sorry for that rant. I know its shallow to care about how I look but I just feel horrible and huge and it makes me sad.

x

Woo congratulations and welcome to team pink! Those girls do like their sweeties :) I can officially use this as an excuse now xx

i asked mw to weigh me this morning as theres a lady at my work due the day after me who keeps making comments on my lack of weight gain n i have no scales, and i have put on 4 lb since my booking in at about 9 and a half weeks when i was still my normal weight, mw said this was normal though!! been worrying me! xxx

well due to my BMI and last babys size i now have 2 consultant appointments coming up :(

10 stone 1 at booking in, and 10 stone 5 now. TBH I have lost fat from my body due to no alcohol and eating more healthily, so I am not sure how much is baby weight.

The weight I am happiest with myself though is 9 stone, and I really want to get back to that after the baby....I am dreading having to do it though, I am going to have to become an exercise fiend, as I am no good at dieting!

In between my booking appointment at about 8 weeks and my scan at 12 weeks have put on about 7 pounds in 4 weeks! But its all on my belly, ive lost weight around my face and shoulders (this is what my family and friends say, maybe they are just trying to make me feel better pah). And I was eating less than before, pregnancy is so unjust haha! I darent venture onto the scales now until my midwife forces me because ive defintely put on more weight x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back