Weight gain

Bubbles1987

Reaction score
I know you shouldn't worry too much about weight gain and not diet but am so depressed and worried. Have told midwife how much weight I have put on but she didn't seem worried but all the guidance is saying I'm at the weight now I should be at full term!!! I weighed 10st 7 at booking in appt and now weigh 12 stone 4!!! I am really bad and I need to either diet and be really strict which I can't or I just lapse into bad things . Midwife recommended having two lunches so don't snack on bad things but I put on even more the two weeks I have done that!!

How much has everyone else put on?

Am I just worrying over nothing? Xx

Oh god ive put on loads to!!! Was 9st 5lb at booking in, iweighed myself last monday 11st 5lb, 2 whole stone already!! I worry about it aswell, i was tiny framed before hand, i dont really snack inbetween meals, main difference for me is i have 3 meals a day no where as before i wouldnt have breakfast and only something small for dinner, admittley some of my meals arnt healthy but thats not all the time but more than i used to do!! Im hoping the weight gain will slow down but not yet and i read at our stage well start to feel more hungary from the growing, dread to think the size ill be at the end!!!x

I was 7st4lb and am now 8st7lb at 19 weeks +5. Before pregnancy I didn't eat much in the way of chocolate / sweets but now I can't seem to get enough of them! Giving up smoking has given me the biggest appetite for crap!

Last edited:
Yeah i gave up smoking aswell, and ive never been a chocolate and cake person but for some reason i really like cakes at the moment sponge cakes tho. Whereas before id never eat them!x

Tmesis do you know what you are having? As they always say if you eat sweet it's girl. I feel better knowing I'm not only ones but you google it and some people are complaining about putting on a stone and I just worry a lot. I'm sure my midwife could have been stricter with me if there was anything to worry about but she didn't seen too bothered. Xx

Ive heard that aswell about girls you have a sweet tooth so true in my case, also heard with girls you put weight on more all over, am sure if midwife was worried she would of said, i will ask my midwife on wednesday about it see what she says, some people put all weight on at beginning and not much at end maybe that will be us bubbles!!!! I hope ! X

i reli wouldnt worry too much with my first i put on just over 4 stone in total xx

I was 10st7 at booking appointment & dread to think what I am now - I imaging I've put on 2 stone though & am 24 weeks - I'm thinking/hoping my eating will calm down now as the warm weather arrives & there is less room in my tummy for food - fingers crossed! Try not to worry, I've been obsessed with it too but let's face it, it's gonna get worse before it gets better & I'm still in size 12 maternity so it could be worse!x

For those that stress on gaining a stone, you'll probably find they weighed a lot more at booking in!! I've only gained 7lb, but my bmi was around 30, so too high. I weighed more than you do now before I was carrying a little person!

Try not to worry, your body's busy building a baby, you've got extra blood, extra fluid - and naturally your body will retain extra fat for breastfeeding.

You'll be able to think about shifting it when bubs is here xxx

I haven't weighed myself since being pregnant as not wanting to stress over the weight gain! Definitely eating more though as its the only thing that stops the sickness and nausea for me! X

I have put on about 11 pound from 9 weeks, am now 22. My midwife doesn't weigh me tho, she said they don't do that anymore?

I think it was the first 12 weeks I put on most to try as stop feeling nauseous. Feeling a lot better now thanks girls. Also think I was just tired and hormonal. Had a little nap and now not tired enough to sleep! Xx

Do any of you ladies fancy switching with me then.
When I got pregnant I was 13 stone which is right for my height as i'm over 6ft. Now at 25+5 weeks I'm 12 stone. Instead of putting on I'm losing weight. I eat normal meals and then junk and crap that is meant to make you put on weight even some of those weight gain shakes (midwife said they were safe). I'm trying so hard put weight on and yet losing it, I look gaunt. I'd rather be putting weight on than losing it.
It's so bad I haven't even got a bump. My clothes aren't tighter nothing.
I want put weight on...any idea's???
I know baby is ok as she kicks the living hell out of me and my poor bladder, So I know she is safe.
I'm hoping something changes after my transfusion next week. (for iron). x x x

I'm a big girl anyway and I have been told that I can only put on 15lbs in total which is worrying the hell out of me. So far, from booking in til 16 weeks I have only put on 2lbs. I think the midwife thinks I only eat chips by looking at me xx

Oh tabbi that must be hard, I'm guessing you are already eating lots of cheese and cream and stuff to try and gain weight. But then like you said as long as baby is alright which sounds like it is still really active :) hope the iron helps and you will prob be one of these who pile on end and wonder where the massive bump suddenly came from :) xx

average weight ppl are supposed to put on 2-3 stone, big ppl about 1 stone and underweight/thin ppl are meant to put on 3+ stone lol, i put on 14lb with my first and she weighed almost 11lb, this time i lost 3kg between booking and 16 weeks and havent weighed since so dunno if ive put on more

This sounds weird but I dint think I have put anything on :/ thunk I weighed below 12 st and I still do confused,com

I'm scared to eat as they weigh me each time :/ x

I weighed 10st 5lb at booking appointment and now I weigh 12 st! Im trying not to worry as I think I understand why - I kept myself on a strict 1200 cal a day diet pre pregnancy and I simply couldn't do that when pregnant so I'm up nearer 2000 cal a day mark, that's been a big adjustment to my body and the fat is just flying on to my bum, hips, boobs etc but these babies need it for when I breastfeed so Im quite happy, for now! xx

I think I've put on about 7lb and I'm not skinny to begin with!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back