WEIGHT GAIN

Vita

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

i went in for my 4 month check up and was told that I only gained 3 pounds the entire time that I have been pregnant. Is this normal?

I've put on around 2lb so far. I think sometimes it depends upon your starting weight. I am certainly no size 8 (am a 14) so I don't think you put so much on to start with, I know a girl who was actually lost weight at first. (She was pretty obese though!)

Think that everyone is different. I was very overweight at the beginning of this pregnancy & therefore went on a healthy eating plan and have lost a stone since Five weeks, and not put on a pound for weeks although I am getting biggger in the tummy region.
Hoping not to put on anything at all this time. As long as you are eating healthy then I dont think you have to worry.

Ragna xxxxxxxxx

Hi Vita,
Dont worry about it my weight gain has been really erratic, at first I bloated and but on a few pounds in just water or something, but then as sickness kicked in I found I could no longer go without breakfast and I couldnt eat huge meals either, so I had to eat small meals but more of them, and although I could see I was gaining a tummy, I wasnt puting on any weight and actually lost a couple of pounds. Im now 5 months and over the last 3 weeks have been chucking on the weight. I dont think in the first trimester you really put on much weight as the baby is more developing its organs and limbs etc, it only really starts growing in the second trimester, by which time the average is to put on 1lb a week.
So dont worry about your weight it sounds about normal.

i didnt think they weighed u any more because its not accurate. they dont weigh me just measure the height of my fundus and that tells them if hes grown enough. i wouldnt worry about it. average weight gain for the whole pregnancy is about 2 stone (24lbs) thats water baby placenta and all. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back