weight gain (sob sob)

chrystal

Reaction score
i know i shouldnt worry but i battle with my weight ....long story
anyways ...i have gone from7st1lb to 8 stone i am 8 weeks ( i know its cos i am actually eating but i cant go on gainin like this) any healthy snack options you girls find that help...ei crackers ? nuts ? need nice n healthy meals keep baby strong n weight gain minimum............i haven't been usin my treadmill either as was scared to till after 2 weeks then i will slowly get my miles bk on that used to walk 14 miles a day when pregnant with my youngest lol xx

don't take this the wrong way, but you will get your figure back after baby. At the moment...the most important thing is for you to keep eating....yes healthy stuff by all means, but honestly don't worry about weight gain. A lot of it isn't just fat......the amount of extra blood and fluid you carry is incredible! and then of course later on there will be the weight of tha baby......so try not to worry and just enjoy it. xx

don't take this the wrong way, but you will get your figure back after baby. At the moment...the most important thing is for you to keep eating....yes healthy stuff by all means, but honestly don't worry about weight gain. A lot of it isn't just fat......the amount of extra blood and fluid you carry is incredible! and then of course later on there will be the weight of tha baby......so try not to worry and just enjoy it. xx

i know that n no offence taken ..i worry as i have problems with food...i gained 5 stone with my first pregnancy an only 1-2 stone with my last one....i know baby health is first thats a given...i have done super well so far i actually eat 3 meals a day now...i used to just eat crackers some days ...I am i look at my already tiny bump...was completely flat so notice already an i know there is a FAB reason for it n its easier to deal with ...cant wait to show properly lol xx

I feel your pain, I dread not fittin in my size 8 jeans I've been getting a little bloated at night and even that is freaking me out. I'm scared that once I put the wt on it won't come off again and I really don't want to be overweight. I'm def going to try and control how much I eat as until the last trimester you don't even need any extra calories. However at the moment I just eat what my nausea can take!!! X

i actually weighed less after birth last time....cos i was careful. i didnt starve myself by any means....but i found it hard to eat a lot anyway near the end...i weigh a stone less now than i did at booking in appt with last pregnancy.

just hoping my bmi doesnt cause issues this time.

good luck ladies xx

I feel your pain, I dread not fittin in my size 8 jeans I've been getting a little bloated at night and even that is freaking me out. I'm scared that once I put the wt on it won't come off again and I really don't want to be overweight. I'm def going to try and control how much I eat as until the last trimester you don't even need any extra calories. However at the moment I just eat what my nausea can take!!! X

thats how i am just eating stuff for nausea i to am scared to not fit in my clothes im 6-8 now i can cope with 10 but not bgger an even that would freak me out ...defo googling healthy meals ...and thanks to the weather a lot of salads n fruit on the menu....Been eatin a lot of chocolate n crap lately lol xx

i actually weighed less after birth last time....cos i was careful. i didnt starve myself by any means....but i found it hard to eat a lot anyway near the end...i weigh a stone less now than i did at booking in appt with last pregnancy.

just hoping my bmi doesnt cause issues this time.

good luck ladies xx

that was me last time..i managed to keep my gain right down with exercise n eating heatlhy ...i did weigh a stone less up to this week i have gained loads ..but back to gentle exercise i think ...will do a mile or two a day n work my way back up lol xx

I wouldn't worry about your weight too much, just worry about trying to keep ur bmi in the healthy range. I don't know how tall you are but I weigh 10'10 so you've got a long way to go before you'll be like me! :)

i am only 5ft1 so tiny lol
i am tryin not to lol baby will come first xx xx

Last edited:
so im 9 stone 7 and a size 12. you are all making me feel huge with your size 8-10 clothes. going to go and cry now!!

oh ok hold on.. you guys a bit smaller than me. im 5'5. not quite as shocked at myself now lol. :p

Lol xx i would love a few extra inches so i could reach top shelves in shops hahah xx

Know how you feel Chrystal! I'm 6ft and have always struggled with my weight.

I'm normally a 16/18 but can't even get into those anymore :( Am having to buy 20s and 22s because I've put so much weight on. Everyone keeps telling me to forget about it now because there's nothing I can do and I'm just one of those women who puts weight on very quickly, but then I see skinny pregnant women looking beautiful walking around in maxi dresses and I want to trip them up!

Sorry - not in any way hating on skinny people haha. I would LOVE to be like that, but its not how the good Lord made me!!

Anyway, even though everyone keeps telling me to forget it now I'm still dreading every week where I'm going to gain more weight. I haven't even dared weigh myself!!

Just try to keep positive and remember you have a baby growing inside you and that is most important. That's all I do :) xx

Do you know I've been so focused on getting preg and not having mc I don't think I've really thought about the stuff that goes along with it hence the freaking out. Oh we'll now for the reality check!!! X.

Know how you feel Chrystal! I'm 6ft and have always struggled with my weight.

I'm normally a 16/18 but can't even get into those anymore :( Am having to buy 20s and 22s because I've put so much weight on. Everyone keeps telling me to forget about it now because there's nothing I can do and I'm just one of those women who puts weight on very quickly, but then I see skinny pregnant women looking beautiful walking around in maxi dresses and I want to trip them up!

Sorry - not in any way hating on skinny people haha. I would LOVE to be like that, but its not how the good Lord made me!!

Anyway, even though everyone keeps telling me to forget it now I'm still dreading every week where I'm going to gain more weight. I haven't even dared weigh myself!!

Just try to keep positive and remember you have a baby growing inside you and that is most important. That's all I do :) xx

haha i feel the same ..i think its hard an some people dont get it i am so scared of gaining weight i dont want to be but i am..i think im joining slimming world my midwife today said they do pregnancy one so thinking about that lol Like you thou i just keep thinking so worth it when im holding a healthy baby xx xx

Last edited:
well after 2 weeks of no toilet use..i finally went an i re weighed the next day ..n i was 7st7lb so only a 6lb weight gain so far ...better than the stone i thought....defo keepin regular with high fibre and fruit juices Lol x

I went to slimming earlier this year and as I was ttc I asked about what happens when I'm preg, they said the plan changes slightly and intends to keep you at your current weight in the first two trimesters and then gain in the third. Because everything is allowed on slimming world it is safe for baby and you! You can eat as much as you like and still lose weight so it's just about the combinations of how you eat :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back